IGNORED

wii power supply question

jerseystyle

hello,

so my power supply is busted (I think). We have crazy power surges here in lovely burma, and I think the fuse blew- I cannot get a replacement here, and cannot send it out to get repaired, so a question to any one who might know (I emailed nintendo, but they kept sending me automated stuff that didn't help)-

are these things hard to fix? Do they work like laptop power supllies (in other words, can I take it to a service place with any hope that they could fix it?)

are there alternative power suplies that would work? I have seen rigged up stuff for the ps2 and ps3, so was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

Help!

Wish I could help more. I have seen 3rd party and 1st party power supplies available here locally where I live. I can't recall how much they are as I haven't been in the market for one. But in the future if you weren't already, I would suggest plugging up the Wii's power supply to a surge strip to avoid most of those spikes from causing future damage.

Yikes, not good, after all your efforts to get a Wii :_( . Are you using a standard US power supply or does Burma have a different standard? You can buy US power supplies from Nintendo's online store, tho not sure if they will ship to your location.

Ya, I run the power supply through a converter, then through a power strip, then to the wall- and no one can ship to this location, so I gotta try to solve it in house if I can. Damn UN sanctions . . .