IGNORED

LynxOsaka

karri

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I just noticed this thread for the first time today and what you're doing kicks ass!! Can't wait to see how the Holux module works out!! Thanks for sharing the information and pics! :D

..Al

Yesterday I had time to connect the Holux 213 PS/2 to the Lynx. The connector of the Holux had 6 pins:

GND

Power

TTL-level Tx

TTL-level Rx

RS232-level Tx

RS232-level Rx

And a separate PS/2 - USB cable.

I connected the power and the TTL-level Tx to the ComLynx port and started my application.

The data comes in and the parser manages to parse part of the incoming messages. But not all of them.

The real-time hex dump of incoming ComLynx traffic looks very good. So the hardware works ok.

So I will now make a T-connection to feed the Tx-signal to a laptop at the same time I send the data to the Lynx.

Perhaps I dump a minute of satellite traffic in cleartext and in the format the ComLynx sees it. Then I move the data to my desktop computer and modify my parser code until it can decode the complete sample without mistakes.

--

Just a small progress report,

Karri