23 -

24 -

25 -

26 -

27 -

28 -

29 -

30 -

Not taking any reservations yet. Just getting it ready. More info soon..

Edited by neotokeo2001

Will there be a bin/rom released for the new version? I'd love to try the new version. I like the old one I got from another post. I don't have real hardware or the money to get a real 2600 and games anytime too soon. Would love to see a rom/bin to try it out on stella. Later.

-Legend

The new version of Melbourne Tatty will not be released as a BIN file at this time. After the game is released it will be up to CPFace to decide. The older available BIN's in the Melbourne Tatty development thread have the same exact gameplay. The new version has just been polished up a bit.

Right now it is planned for every copy of Melbourne Tatty to have the extras. 30 cartridges are planned for the release. If demand warrants more then a second run may be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not taking reservations. I need to have everything done so I can set the price of the two versions of the game. Obviously there is way more demand then cartridges so I need to figure out a fair way to offer them.

The names that appear on the cartridge list are people that are getting copies of the game for helping in the production.

Obviously there is way more demand then cartridges so I need to figure out a fair way to offer them.

...or just make more of them. Making only 30 copies of something like this is insane, especially when 6 of them (1/5) appear to be complimentaries going to individuals who helped with the game. You've posted about this game both here and at Digital Press building up hype, but you don't apprear to be willing to meet even the initial demand for this game. I understand that this is a special 'limited' release, but at the very least you should offer the game cart only in unlimited form. You're purposely 'shorting' the market to create a rarity frenzy, which forces collectors to clamor for the few copies that are available, and that just isn't right...one huge reason why I refuse to collect homebrews.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Not all homebrews are "limited editions".

No shit...when did I say that they were?

I'm not attacking him...my point is that he clearly needs to consider making more cartridges...unless his goal is to disappoint people.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Well, speaking personally, I'd like to get this game into the hands of everyone who wants it. When Neo approached me and offered to do a limited run, I figured that'd be fine, I really wasn't expecting to see so many people interested!

If there's still a lot of demand after the first run sells out, there'll be another run one way or another. I know that Neo's time and resources are limited. If he's willing to do another run, I'd be thrilled. If he can't, then I'll start looking into some other options, whether it's through the Atari Age store or... well, who else does a lot of Atari cartridge production these days? :)

The boxes are likely to remain a limited commodity just because of the added expense, but ideally, I'd like to see this go on until everyone who wants a copy gets one.

If there's still a lot of demand after the first run sells out, there'll be another run one way or another. I know that Neo's time and resources are limited. If he's willing to do another run, I'd be thrilled. If he can't, then I'll start looking into some other options, whether it's through the Atari Age store or... well, who else does a lot of Atari cartridge production these days? :)

I'd be happy to help if you want to go down that road depending on what Neo wants to do. :)

..Al

Not all homebrews are "limited editions".

No shit...when did I say that they were?

I'm not attacking him...my point is that he clearly needs to consider making more cartridges...unless his goal is to disappoint people.

I have to agree on this one. Neotokeo2001 is a great guy but these limited runs can be a little frustrating as they usually run out before I can get my hands on one. But so saying I wish him all the best on this one ;)