IGNORED

Best PS2 Games?

I recently got a PS2, all I have for it is GT3 A-Spec. What are the must-play games for it? What are your personal faves? I'm getting ready to go major games shopping (despite the fact that I should spend my money on stuff to take to school... :roll: ) and I'm wanting to flesh out my PS2 library (if you can call ONE game a library :D)

I really liked Burnout -- racing through a city in traffic is a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about death! I found it to be addictive, along with Wipeout 3 (PS1), so I bet Wipeout Fusion is great.

I also seem to be one of the few who enjoyed Gungriffion Blaze, Thunderstrike (I have to blow things up occasionally), and Sky Odyessy (I like flight, even without blowing things up). Escape from Monkey Island was a lot of fun for me, too.

I recommend:

ICO - first game to me that really felt next gen and not a retread of a PSX game.

SSX - really awesome snowboarding game and since SSX Tricky came out you can get the original cheap...

Ridge Racer V - the best sequel to the original...

I haven't played some of the other recommendations like FFX, GTA3, etc... but here are some I would try before you buy...

Star Wars Star Fighter - fun while it lasted, but slightly dated.

Spy Hunter - a solid game, but a little too by the book (I got bored half way through)

Armored Core 2 - good if you like Armored Core, but ultimately too much of the same (the last level is also devilishly hard!)

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Theft Auto 3 - a million things to do and a total blast to play!

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance - great D&D game 1 or 2 player.

Time Crisis 2 - best light gun game 1 or 2 player.

Dark Cloud - try it you'll like it.

Timesplitters - great multiplayer FPS.

Gran Turismo 3 with logitechs driving force steering wheel.

Escape From Monkey Island - a classic.

and many more

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ico!!!!!!

Grand Theft Auto 3

Baldur's Gate

Metal Gear Solid 2

Jak & Daxter (one of the best platform games ever, IMO)

Red Faction

Half Life

... and I guess Final Fantasy X, but I look at FF games the same way I do Star Wars movies or Star Trek tv... there's so much obsessive geek culture surrounding it that it takes some of the fun out of it for me. Not that there's anything wrong with being obsessive or a geek, but there are so many people who know nothing else of video games BUT Final Fantasy, or know nothing else of science fiction BUT Star Wars or Star Trek. Grrr. [/rant off]

Grand Theft Auto 3

I would buy a PS 2 just to play this game.

Well, I did it. I bought a PS2 just play GTA3.

It was either that or a better PC that would play it. The PS 2 was much cheaper. Still, I feel silly buying it for one game.

Oh well..at least I can play it now. :D