IGNORED

Wii wifi and update

GruBBworM

Software updates are pretty quick and painless.

Once you have the wii online, you will be able to DL Virtual Console games, send and receive email, share Miis, add friends, surf the web, and use the "everybody votes," "weather," and "news" channels.

...All of which adds up to "Who gives a crap?" Let's get on with the online multi-player. The fact that there is no online multi-player in MP3 is a real shame.

I have a theory on why we haven't seen more mulitplayer games from the Wii aside from Pokemon and Mario Stikers Charged. Both of those games have fairly static enviroments. Meaning that the Wii on both ends is basically showing the exact same screen with only data having to be sent for the players and their info.

What is boils down to...is that I'm not so sure the Wii literally has the horsepower to do actual online multiplayer FPS type gaming. I have been able to figure out that the Wii's CPU was required to handle all the bluetooth stuff from up to four different controllers. While is might be built with it in mind, there is a LOT of info being sent to the Wii through the bluetooth signals. There is likely a large hit in CPU performance that we don't see taking place in the background to handle all of this. Think about it, the Wii is the first real console where the controller has to basically tell the console where it exists in a semi 3D plane. And it has to do this all the time. As a result I think the Wii might actually be underpowered to handle all the graphics, controllers signals, and incoming and outgoing signals for online internet play.

I hope I'm made wrong, but until something that looks as good a MP3 with full FPS like multiplayer comes out for up to 4+ players, I would have to believe the Wii just isn't up to the task until Wii 2.0 comes out or whatever Nintendo replaces the Wii with in a few years.

The GC had the juice to handle multiplayer and the Wii has about a double clock. I think it can handle it. They have simply neglected to implement it. The MP3 developers stated that they declined to put online multiplayer into MP3 in order to offer the best possible single-player experience. I think that's crap. Hold the game a few more months and get the multiplayer in. MP3 would have been perfect for online multiplayer. Really, dealing with network traffic is not that expensive.

Software updates are pretty quick and painless.

Once you have the wii online, you will be able to DL Virtual Console games, send and receive email, share Miis, add friends, surf the web, and use the "everybody votes," "weather," and "news" channels.

...All of which adds up to "Who gives a crap?" Let's get on with the online multi-player. The fact that there is no online multi-player in MP3 is a real shame.

I was just answering his question, not passing judgement ;)