IGNORED

i got a new atari

chromizone

a few days ago i decided to go ino a bunch of thrift shops to see if i could find original ninendo suff for my brother and i stumbled across a box full of atari stuff i took a look and was inpressed i dident know anything about atari at the time but the box consisted of

1. 2600 atari jr in box with book (awesome hehe)

2. commando with box and book

3. kung-fu masters with box and book

4. donkey kong jr. with box and book

5. ms. pac man with box and book

6. demon attack with box and book

7. stargate with box and book

8. freeway with box

9. ocean city defender with box

10. busy police with box

11. defender

12. pitfall

13. phoenix

i dident at first realise i had phoenix , pitfall ,and defender because they were in the boxes with busy police , ocean city defender and free way i was hesitent to ask how much because there was no price on anything but i decided to ask and as soon as the lady saw that it was an atari she said five dollers canadain ( i live in can.) i thought she ment for the system so i asked if she ment for everything? she said uhh yea so i quickly got out some cash paid her and left i was exstatic my dad drove me home and kept asking me y i had bought an atari he though it was cool because he grew up with atari so he liked it but he dident understand my intrest frankly nethere did i. i just thought it was cool when i got it home i discovered i needed some controllers (duh) so i found a atari joystick for 1 doller can in yet another thrift store i also recently picked up donkey kong and oscars trash race (hey i thought it would be rare) for 2.50 a peace can any way thats my story of my awesome deals i just got into atari so if any one knows of some good games i dont already have please post and say so thanx :) :) :)

Congrats on the awesome deal! I wish I could find ANYTHING Atari related in the thrift stores around here. :mad:

Some of my favorite games are (not in any specific order):

1. Space Invaders

2. Asteroids

3. Phoenix (which I see you already have).

4. Demon Attack

5. Centipede

6. Galaxian

7. Frogger

Right now I'm hooked on Enduro and Barnstorming (though I've been playing Barnstorming on the emulator since I don't have a cart of it yet). If you keep an eye on the message boards, most of the games that get discussed are all good.

-- Marty

OK, OK! :) Some of my favorites:

[*]Beany Bopper

[*]Gopher

[*]Millipede (Centipede is good, too)

[*]Q*bert

[*]Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel’s Castle

[*]Snoopy and the Red Baron

[*]Space Invaders

[*]Star Voyager

[*]Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

[*]Yars’ Revenge

• ...However, you already have some of my other favorites! :D

Get yourself a set of paddles (or two—some of these have awesome four-player modes) for the following:

• )

[*]Kaboom!

[*]Video Olympics (a.k.a. Sears Pong Sports)

[*]Warlords

Any game made by the company Activision is great. Kaboom! uses the paddle controllers. All others use a joystick. A few like Ghostbusters, Starmaster, and Space Shuttle require you to flip the color/BW switch on the console during game play, so it is nice to have a 6 switch model console for easy access to the controls. Look on www.twingalaxies.com for listings of scores on all games. Check on www.ebay.com to find many games for sale. Good luck with your new hobby! 8)

:D :D :D im really into this atari thing is SO cool and for the ones who asked it was just outside toronto i only said toronto because lots of people know the city lol i was looking in pickering ajax oshawa ect. and i realized oscars trash race had the weird controllers but only after i bought it lol please keep on sending in the great ideas thanks a ton guys

Five dollars canadian??? WOW! That's like....about 4 cents US isn't it?:)

Good haul. It's no surprise that the 2600 still has so many fans, eh? Completely awesome in every respect (well...apart from processor speed;))