IGNORED

What the hell is wrong with GoAtari?

superjudge3

http://goatari.com/at-jag-p.htm

These prices are un-fu*king-believable!!! $69.99 for Zool 2? $89.99 for Val D'isere? $59.99 for Super Burnout? Etc.......

What the hell is wrong with these people? Do they think gold bars are inside in those Jaguar boxes? I normally don't care about other people's capitalistic ventures, but whomever buys from these guys are getting a total rip-off!

Thank god for B&C ComputerVisions! All of the games at B&C are half of the price of these ludicrous amounts.

I feel so sorry for anyone that's bought games from them. They probably haven't sold a Jaguar game in 5 years with those prices. That's probably why you see them on Ebay so much, you can't move stock when your competitors have the same exact inventory for half of your prices!

I don't know why I'm so distraught over this! ;) :) But damn...

Good luck to goatari.com, they sure is hell need it!

GoAtari, if I remember correctly, is selling the inventory that Atari had left over. Their prices used to be very reasonable - I bought my JagCD from them back in the day for $80 (new) and a few other things as well (This was probably around in '98 or '99). It seems that they simply aren't willing to let their inventory run out on anything. I imagine that if they only had ONE Jaguar controller left in their warehouse, it would probably just say "$infinity". :)

Not a single one of those games is worth more than $19.99 at the most. As a matter of fact, I found all three of those games for only $9.99 each!

I can understand the high prices for the Telegames and Songbird games. AvP for $99.99...yeah right! Only in their dreams. I betcha they would want $149.99 for the Iron Soldier 2 cartridge! Or $199.99 for Towers II. LOL :D

Ya I should have said "most" of their eBay prices are ridiculous. ;)

Gotcha, I actually went into my ebay to see what I paid from GoAtari :D

There's some Atari retailers out there still trying to get "back in the day" prices for Atari stuff. And not just Jaguar, but even 2600 games.

Many years ago, before I knew better, I paid way too much for a bunch of common 2600 games.

Actually, as I have been searching the web for different jaguar retailers I have found the same thing, it seems they want full price as if it was back in the day, or now that the jag gone (yes I know, its not, new games, ect ect, ;P) they want premium prices for stuff.

I have found retailers selling Jag controllers, out of box, new in bag for 50 bucks? come on now.

It's all supply in demand...basic economics. GoAtari must be close to the end of the line on the inventory of Jag stuff. Think about it they have been trying to pettle their products for what like 8-9 yrs for a dead system that stopped producing new product 9 yrs ago. It is very much a surprice that they are still in buisness selling mostly new in the box product, or odds and ends that Atari was going to toss. Back a couple of years ago their prices were better. But, obviously, their has been a small resurgence in the Jag for the last 2 years and they are going to take advantage of that. If their prices suddenly drop it will be for 1 of two reasons the 1st would never happen but(goatari builds a plant to produce an extra 100 or so carts of every title and they have found a way to mass produce in a way that they can make each title for $5 or less and still charge $20 or more plus shipping while they are at it they start making combo Jag/JagCD w/ the same advertising campain from the 80's "THE FUN IS BACK OF ATARI UNDER 50 BUCKS..50 BUCKS!!!")...that would be supply increasing demand goes down price goes down....or they have a big clearance sale and go under getting out of a buisness that they should of cut tail and ran out of many years ago.

So at least their is a retailer that if I have to get a copy of Atari Carts and I can't find it elsewhere, I know they have it, it will be new in a box, and they have a return policy. While their prices are on the high side you always get stuff from them in good shape and most of the time in a timely manner

• Like 1

I blame the fools that fall for this stuff, not Ebay. They seem to at least try to run a

decent system. It's not thier fault some jerk wants to rip people off that may not

know better. What really gets me are those that do know better and still go ahead

and give these clowns their prices.

My idea of fair prices for typical titles....

Exsisting CART games new in box and/or shrink wrapped:

$15.95 - $19.95 for a 2 meg cart

$29.95 - 39.95 for a 4 meg cart

Brand New CART games ( ones in development now )in box shrink wrapped:

$59.95 for a 2 meg cart

$69.95 for a 4 meg cart

Now these prices should be flexible based on curent prices of these chips.

The 4 meggers are usually not cheap either.

If they are carts of games that most agree suck:

Pay US $5.00 to take them off your hands.

If they are carts of games that most agree are collector items or extremely rare:

Now we go to E-bay and may the best bidder win.

Exsisting CD games new in box and/or shrink wrapped:

up to $34.95

Brand New CD games ( ones in development now )in box shrink wrapped.

up to $45.95

I think after this though your ripping folks off.

Of course their is room for exceptions to these rules depending on circumstances.

Edited by Gorf

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I bought all my original Atari Jaguar stuff from them (back when they were C-west.com/atari ) And they were quiet reasonable. And they are still quiet reasonable, if you stick to the sales and such (but those are useually the same, and you'll hit one or two and have everything that they will offer at that point)

But damn, I should have bought a CD back then. I figured it would drop (from $80) but I waited, and it went up, to 100, then 120, then 150, and now it's what? 180? Or did they go to 210 yet?

And all I can say is...damn. I want one (a Jag CD, that is) but if I wouldn't buy one at $80 while Atari was still makeing games, I sure as hell won't pay more years later.

I'm sure people are still buying the stuff, or they would go back down in price ro soemthing.

Oh yeah...and look at the OtHeR stuff. Like Lynx...and GULP, Game.com (hey, I liked game.com, but I never paid over about $5 for any of the games, they're wanting the original $30-$40 pricetag on some of those)

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, I bought all my original Atari Jaguar stuff from them (back when they were C-west.com/atari ) And they were quiet reasonable. And they are still quiet reasonable, if you stick to the sales and such (but those are useually the same, and you'll hit one or two and have everything that they will offer at that point)

But damn, I should have bought a CD back then. I figured it would drop (from $80) but I waited, and it went up, to 100, then 120, then 150, and now it's what? 180? Or did they go to 210 yet?

And all I can say is...damn. I want one (a Jag CD, that is) but if I wouldn't buy one at $80 while Atari was still makeing games, I sure as hell won't pay more years later.

I'm sure people are still buying the stuff, or they would go back down in price ro soemthing.

Oh yeah...and look at the OtHeR stuff. Like Lynx...and GULP, Game.com (hey, I liked game.com, but I never paid over about $5 for any of the games, they're wanting the original $30-$40 pricetag on some of those)

Quite Reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...
Their eBay prices tend to be ridiculous too... :/

I have gotten some games from GoAtari on ebay with alright prices :)

Or, maybe I was just willing to pay? :?: I think they were alright.....

I have also gotten alright prices at least I believe from goatari on ebay. He has been very good on shipping prices packing and ship times too.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO TELEGAMES.CO.UK? the prices have been CRAZY for years..on ALL systems.A TOTAL rip off,All stuff is boxed and mint i think-so i suppose thats something. But still, check the site-and have a look around.Anyone who would pay these prices must be mad.

I think they are closing shop, thats how it seems anyway.No wonder.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO TELEGAMES.CO.UK? the prices have been CRAZY for years..on ALL systems.A TOTAL rip off,All stuff is boxed and mint i think-so i suppose thats something. But still, check the site-and have a look around.Anyone who would pay these prices must be mad.

I think they are closing shop, thats how it seems anyway.No wonder.

omg lol I could sale all 43 of my jag and jag cd games and may not be able to afford 2 games from there.

£ 200 (thats $400) for an atari 7800 and game!!!

an nec pc engine for £300 pounds!!!!!!! around $600 dollars!!! they have been going for years and i have no idea how they managed to stay a float!

Well, at prices like that, you don't need to sell an awful lot of stock to stay above the red line. ;)

• Like 1

One thing I have enjoyed about GoAtari was how they sold a lot of items, collectors items, for the Jaguar. I believe I got my Jaguar hat from them. I would have liked to get the bag, coat, pens, etc, but just got side tracked with buying games for the Jag. ;)