IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 1: Berzerk

Ze_ro

It sucks too, its all because of the robot respawn for me. Nothing like spawning with your head in between a robot's legs, and as soon as the level comes up, it moves.

I know.....that gets me all the time. Major bullshit.

Every once and awhile, I actually survive one of those encounters.

It sucks too, its all because of the robot respawn for me. Nothing like spawning with your head in between a robot's legs, and as soon as the level comes up, it moves.

I know.....that gets me all the time. Major bullshit.

Every once and awhile, I actually survive one of those encounters.

I can survive 90% of those encounters, the only ones I have yet to avoid every time is the head in between robot legs and when there's like 4 surrounding you.

I took a quick glance onto twin galaxies, and it looks like had I had recorded that run (being that it was within 15 minutes, and the difficulty switch does nothing), I was just shy of 1st place.

Hold the fire button down as the next level begins. At least there's a chance you'll live. For me, I love entering a new level & blasting 4-5 nearby robots in a few seconds.

Hey, are the "necktie" & left/right doorway tricks allowed? & has anyone seen ONLY 1 robot in a room yet? Least I've seen is 2.

Edited by RJ

Hey, are the "necktie" & left/right doorway tricks allowed?

I don't see why not. They don't give you any sort of unfair scoring advantage.

Despite being listed in the hits & tips second of post #1, I disagree.

The doorway fire trick is a bug that creates a playability cheat. Depending on maze layout, it allows one to make riskless kills in a manor not consistent with intended gameplay.

It's clearly exploiting a programming error for gaining additional kills one may not have been able to earn playing in the traditional method.

Ze_ro, care to chime in on this?

If a trick is listed in the manual as a "feature", it's hard for me to see how it can be considered a "cheat".

So if the Windows manual called IE's security holes to be "features" that allow 3rd parties to upgrade your computer, that would make it ok? :P

It's a cheat because it allows scoreing in a mannor totaly inconsistent with the intended and designed method of play (that also doesn't exist in any other version of the game). :ponder:

If a trick is listed in the manual as a "feature", it's hard for me to see how it can be considered a "cheat".

So if the Windows manual called IE's security holes to be "features" that allow 3rd parties to upgrade your computer, that would make it ok? :P

:lol: But, come on, that's really not an apt analogy.

It's a cheat because it allows scoreing in a mannor totaly inconsistent with the intended and designed method of play (that also doesn't exist in any other version of the game). :ponder:
VCS Berzerk certainly differs from the arcade game, but nearly all VCS ports do in one way or another. I understand what you're saying, but as far as the HSC is concerned, if a trick is listed in the game's instruction manual, then I think it has to be considered a legitimate technique. However, I'm not necessarily attached to it being allowed. I've never used the feature, unless by accident, and beyond just checking it out, I have no plans to use it in the future... unless using it is clearly necessary to achieve a 5-digit score. ;) Edited by Christophero Sly