IGNORED

Directive features of DASM?

Propane13

Hello!

I remember that DASM had some cool features.

For example, I know that you can use:

dc.b, dc.w, or .byte as directives for listing data

But, I believe there was also something liks ASC to represent string/ascii data, but I can't recall the exact directive.

And then there was something interesting where you can do:

"the rest of the code after address $F999 is $00 until $FF00", by just a directive or 2 that would prevent you from keeping a bunch of dc.b $00's in your code to make it messy (it was some directive, followed by the ORG $FF00).

1) Can someone help remind me of the dasm directives that do these 2 things? I don't remember them, and am having little luck on the web.

2) Are these documented somewhere? It would be neat tp know what sort of tricks I can use. :)

Thanks!

-John

Did you read Dasm.txt that is included in the download? ASCII data can be included just by using .byte "string", and the ALIGN directive can include a fill value...as in ALIGN 256,0 (to fill the rest of the current page with zeros).

EDIT: ORG can also include a fill value (filling all unused bytes up to the address referenced)...that is more along the lines of the example you gave. ORG $FF00,0

Edited by Nukey Shay