IGNORED

Nintendo DS Emulation

bretthorror

some are easier than others,

The Colecovision is a breeze to use, as is the SNES one (can't remember the name off hand)

I need to have another go at the C=64 (FrodoDS) I think I may know what I was doing wrong :dunce:

I have not managed to get the 2600 ones working.

Worth the price IMO

I don't think it's very hard. Just download the emulator and drop the files into your micro SD card.

Found more emus here.

Yeah, I can find the files, but the terminology and all that always messes me up. "Drop the folder in the root" etc...

I bought a softmod for my Wii. It's a setup similar to this. For whatever reason, I can't get it to run anything on my own card, I have to use the card the person I bought it off of provided, and that's what scares me about this. I can't figure out why this is as I copy all the files from the old card onto it and still it won't work.

"Root" means just put the file onto the SD card, not in another file.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah I wish I had the guts to drop the money for it, but until I hear how someone else does it EXACTLY, I will wait. If only the flash cards you buy could come loaded with the roms.

Although that may get some in trouble. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhh, I see. Yeah I wish I had the guts to drop the money for it, but until I hear how someone else does it EXACTLY, I will wait. If only the flash cards you buy could come loaded with the roms.

Although that may get some in trouble. ;)

I have a DS Lite and the R4. Currently running I have a 2600 emulator, Doom, and a couple homebrews.

In my experience you can not always drop the roms on to the flash card and go. You need to patch the roms with a lib specific for your flash card. This patch allows it to read and write to the flash card. Patching is easy thanks to the coders that have written GUI apps to assist you.

I have not tried an NES emulator but they should be just like dealing with any other roms.

Thanks,

Eric

In my experience you can not always drop the roms on to the flash card and go. You need to patch the roms with a lib specific for your flash card. This patch allows it to read and write to the flash card. Patching is easy thanks to the coders that have written GUI apps to assist you.

I have not tried an NES emulator but they should be just like dealing with any other roms.

Patch ROMs? I haven't had to do that yet. And I've tried DS emulators for the 2600, Genesis, SNES, and NES.

Do you mean you need to patch the emulators with the DLDI? I had to do that for a couple of homebrews that didn't already have the new DLDI coding built-in. Not sure how this whole thing works yet, but the new thing is to have a common DLDI for all flash cards... Whatever that means... :ponder:

Patch ROMs? I haven't had to do that yet. And I've tried DS emulators for the 2600, Genesis, SNES, and NES.

Do you mean you need to patch the emulators with the DLDI? I had to do that for a couple of homebrews that didn't already have the new DLDI coding built-in. Not sure how this whole thing works yet, but the new thing is to have a common DLDI for all flash cards... Whatever that means... :ponder:

Yes. I mean patching the emulator itself which can be considered a DS ROM. I did not mean patching NES, Genesis, 2600 ROMs that will be loaded by the emulator.

I have not heard about a common DLDI. It would be nice to not have the patching step when trying out new homebrew.