IGNORED

TG cd & Turbo Duo games to be released in all regions on vc (Kotaku.com)

8th lutz

http://kotaku.com/gaming/death-of-the-coll...sole-299828.php

Hudson announced staring next month, they will bring TurboGrafx CD and TurboDuo games onto the Wii's retro catalogue.

TG CD and Turbo Duo games will cost 800 wii points. Book I & II and Chou Aniki will be among the first games to available.

I am very happy over this. This means games like Lords of Thunder will be making it on the vc along with other games.

Nintendo better get support for any USB harddrive.

Edited by 8th lutz

Wait a minute - Chou Aniki - like big burly men Chou Aniki? Holy Crap if that comes out over here I'll have to download it just out of my love for crazy as hell Japanese games! So many awesome things happening on the VC - Austrailia getting SMB2 Lost Levels (means we should get them stateside soon), TG CD/Duo games, and Neo Geo. My wallet weeps...

Now if they can just sharpen the TG graphics so they don't have that blur we'll be all set!

This will be pointless unless they also release the support for USB external HDDs or enable the Wii to play from SD cards directly. As it is...I only have 800blocks free on my Wii's internal memory now. They would have to compress or remove the red book audio that was on the TG-16/Duo CD games in order for these to be semi downloadable. I also wonder how long it would take to download the games? Hmmm...

Where is the USB HDD and full keyboard support already?!

I agree... there has to be a way to have the VC check to make sure the card belongs to the system it is playing on... that's Nintendo's fear of piracy though... they want to make it ironclad.

You are correct about Nintendo's fear of piracy. It is well documented through the years like cracking down on rom sites in the past and other stuff theat is consides piracy like having plug and play systems that had games by Nintendo without Nintendo's okay.

How many TG and NES games can you download to the VC? I just got my Wii this past week and that is my number one decision to buy it. The fact they support classic obscure hardware is fantastic. That and racing cows is great.

C

There are 44 nes games on the vc for North America as of today and 39 tg games before next week monday for another Tg game in North America.You can download as many as you want depending on how many wii points you have from a downloading stand point without counting the memory the wii has.

The amount of amount of nes and TG games being able to down load on the blocks of memory the wii has is up to how big the games you download are. The only option to make more rom for vc games after all the wii blocks for memory are fill on your system is to delete some of the games.

The good thing about delete the games iyou have is if you want to download the game again you can on your wii system unless it is a limited addition vc game. You able to do what I said if the wii doesn't need to be replaced.

• 1 month later...

Looks like we've went from Cho Aniki to No Aniki. Can't say I'm surprised that they decided not to release it here, though. There'd be lots of questions of "Mommy, why is that man hugging that other man so tight?" and parents freaking out and Jack Thompson getting involved after pulling his law license from a Cracker Jack box and Larry Craig shrieking "That's not my Wii!" and all kinds of chaos.