IGNORED

Songbird SFX

jobro

So I've had Lynx over 15 years ago. And as the chip music freak I am I've been thinking about if there is a way to create music with Atari Lynx. Then it acured to me that there is a cartridge called SFX. I haven't got Lynx anymore, and I haven't got the money right now to purchase one either. But I was thinking if one can get hold of the SFX ROM somewhere. I'm not talking warez, I'm talking if I could buy the ROM from Songbird. With it and my knowledge about sounds then I could create a LYNX VSTplugin that imitates the Atari Lynx sound.

Hm you cought me there. Thanks for the info. I'll check this beast out.

Your best bet is to get MegaPak vol 1. It has all the chip music knowledge from several years of research in a very practical form.

The Lynx can only produce 6150 different unique square-wave sequences. In the Soundtool included in MegaPak I have sorted all these waveforms by the length of the produced waveform. You can then try them out in real time on any music on the MegaPak cart. In addition you can activate integration on the waveforms and add an envelope.

--

Karri

The old verisions of ABCmusic were a bit buggy. I got the last bugs ironed out during testing of MegaPak vol1.

Oh, and the corrected ABCmusic sources are freely available just by asking. I don't have them on a website yet.