IGNORED

Need some feedback

Han

Two observations...

I was using a PAL box/cart as guide. And they use different fonts on the box and cart for the title and CX nr(at least the few I have do :) )

[*]Should the CX2002 in the lower-right hand corner be wider? It looks a little narrow.

Yupp' date=' you are right. It should be a bit wider, better fix it. It's also the wrong font, but I could't find the correct one. Even the box title is using the wrong font, but I altered it a bit so it isn't completely obvious ...

You have to watch out for the "Atari fonts" that were posted here because they aren't really exact. But besides that, it looks really professional. :D

Tell me about it :D .. finding the correct Atari fonts is pretty much impossible. Typhography back in those days were quite different from today's TTF & Postscript fonts I supose. At least something has gotten easier with time ... maybe :D

Thanks for the feedback people!

How much would you charge for a t-shirt?

Michael

I am not selling them myself but you can buy them here at CafePress They are being sold by Atarinvader (www.atarinvader.com) ...

But I do have some other t-shirt pictures in mind. And perhaps some Atari Art (no no no not that AtariArt :D ) related stuff as well. I will get back to ya all when I have something finished...

Your rendering is truly a work of art! I have a few comments on it, but they are insignificant observations:

Why does the crescent moon pierce the Atari Fuji logo on the box but not on the cartridge label?

It may only be a matter of perspective, but it appears to me that the right edge of the cartridge extends too far.

The angle of the cartridge suggests I should be able to see the cartridge end label or at least some of it.

Ben

Why does the crescent moon pierce the Atari Fuji logo on the box but not on the cartridge label?

The cart picture and box picture have different formats. So I altered the cart image slightly. You can see this on the real SI cart and box as well (and other carts/boxes).

It may only be a matter of perspective, but it appears to me that the right edge of the cartridge extends too far.

If you mean that the cart extends beyond the right edge of the picture, then your are correct. It does indeed do that, just like the real SI box ( http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...62&BoxStyleID=2 ). I thought it was a pretty neat effect to make the pic look a bit more interesting...

The angle of the cartridge suggests I should be able to see the cartridge end label or at least some of it.

Well, you would have seen a tiiiiiny bit of the end label, if it had been there :D. I didn't add it since I didn't believe that you would see it in the final pic and then I forgot about it. I should probably fix it.... but if no one tells Atarinvader ... :D

You have a good eye for details Harry :) Thanks.

And thanks to all of you for your feedback! And nice to see that you seem to like it... and don't find to many errors in it :D

...finding the correct Atari fonts is pretty much impossible...

Agreed. That's why I did this. My process was...

ò¿ó smiling_to_games.gif

Wow, nice work. Must have taken a long time to trace all the letters (I use 3DS Max myself). I am not familiar with the WMF format. Photoshop refused to read it, only ACDSee so far have swallowed the file. Is it a vector format?

...(I use 3DS Max myself)...Is it a vector format?

If you have Max, then you should be able to open this file and export the images to the preferred format. (The file is an ACAD 2000 DWG file type) :)

And yes, WMF is a pseudo-vector format. But just like you said, sometimes the Adobe and other non-Microsoft programs won't recognize it correctly. And of course, AutoDesk products don't usually run like a dream themselves. :(

ò¿ó                    smiling_to_games.gif

If you have Max, then you should be able to open this file and export the images to the preferred format.  (The file is an ACAD 2000 DWG file type)  :)

Nope, didn't work. But I have NEVER managed to import a file from AutoCad into Max. The best I ever get is a heap of polygons in origo and you ask yourself where did my 200.000 polygon t-rex go :D

And of course, AutoDesk products don't usually run like a dream themselves.  :(

Yeah, tell me about it. 3DS Max is so chock full of bugs that I am seriously considering to swap to Maya. Especially since it is now actually cheaper than Max...