IGNORED

Alleged keyboard support?

Xot

So, according to various web sites, including this one, the latest Wii System updated added USB keyboard support in the Shop Channel and message board areas. (Not in the Opera browser.)

Has anyone actually gotten any USB keyboards to work in the Message Board area? I tried a couple and no dice. Is there something I'm missing?

So, according to various web sites, including this one, the latest Wii System updated added USB keyboard support in the Shop Channel and message board areas. (Not in the Opera browser.)

Has anyone actually gotten any USB keyboards to work in the Message Board area? I tried a couple and no dice. Is there something I'm missing?

My Gyration wireless keyboard works like a champ. Haven't tried the mouse tho.

I'm using a MS natural keyboard and it works great - when it works. Seems to not be detected if I try to use it after returning to the Wii menu from MP3. If I just boot up the Wii and enter Wii numbers, or type up Wii messages it works fine. It really makes a huge difference, though, I've sent WAY more wiimail and added a ton of friends since plugging in the keyboard. Shame the support is a so flaky, though.