IGNORED

% that don't leave feedback?

brett6400

What % of people don't leave feedback on ebay?

I recently bought an item, paid for it the same day, received it about a week later, and left positive feedback the day I received it. I sent the seller an email, "Hi, I got your package, left positive feedback, etc., etc. Thanks, Brett" and the seller still hasn't left feedback. What's up with that?

I leave feedback for every transaction

but some people just dont leave feedback and some just leave feedback at a certain time like (every sunday, once a month, every 3 months are some of the feedbacks ive been given)

I wish they would leave feedback after the item was shipped then i would know its on the way if they dont email you to tell you they shipped it

I have get 557 positive feedbacks, and leave 619 positive feedbacks. So 62 persons have leave no feedback for me.

Thats ca. 10% who have leave no feedback.

But I have so many great feedbacks, that this is not importent for me. Best thing is, when you get this what you want. :D :)

i'm actually waiting for feedback from three sellers. but as lemmi suggests, maybe i'll get a bunch of feedback this sunday or a month from now.

i can see a new buyer not leaving feedback. but a seller, who took the time to post the listing in the first place, should always leave feedback.

my $.02

Most annoying is whrn you buy something and have to wait for the seller to leave feeback, I mean, if I pay, the seller should leave feedback first. Some people are simply not confident in the stuff their selling.

my girlfriend handles all of the ebay work here, so I have no idea if she ALWAYS leaves feedback or not, but I make it a point to tell her to leave feedback on the people who are extra cool, or extra sucky. So I know those people get feedback.

As for our feedback, I have no idea. Hope its good. :)

In fact, I think a high feedback rating is a beacon for the IRS.

That's interesting, I've never thought of that before. I have left 338 feedback comments and received only 298. That's about 88%. Sellers are definitely better about leaving feedback than buyers.

..Al

Most annoying is whrn you buy something and have to wait for the seller to leave feeback, I mean, if I pay, the seller should leave feedback first. Some people are simply not confident in the stuff their selling.

Yes! I had a seller who wouldn't leave feedback until I, the buyer, left it first. He had some elaborate justification. That's just bad ebaying. I won't do business with him again.

That's interesting, I've never thought of that before. I have left 338 feedback comments and received only 298. That's about 88%. Sellers are definitely better about leaving feedback than buyers.

you know Al i used to leave them all the time but now i learn that hte seller will only leave feed back if you do . and if you leave a neutral feedback they try to rip you a new ______. i go by if they leave a feedback then i take the time to write it back. sometimes i forget but mostly now unless the sellers (not the POWER SELLER ones with 500000000 feedbacks in the positives. but like teh common joe with 10 or 20. )sends something back i wont go and fight it cause i think they jerk people around and mess with ratings more. which makes no sense waht so ever.

When I sell stuff online as the GOAT Store, I try to make it a point to respond to every feedback that we get. I usually wait to leave feedback just in case the buyer has something goofy that they leave negative feedback about so I can leave them neutral or negative feedback myself.

Also, because we tend to have a lot of like auctions selling at the same time, if the buyer does not tell me what his eBay name was, I usually won't sit around trying to figure out just who it was that I'm supposed to be leaving feedback for.

Just my two cents...

Everyone has their own method for how they think this should work - here is mine: As a BUYER, if I receive a product and I am happy with the packing, the shipping method is the one stated or agreed upon, and if the item works (if it's supposed to) then I will leave positive feedback. If something is not as expected, I'll EMAIL the seller first. If we can establish a dialog and work something out that's great, and most likely I'll still leave a positive if the seller is responsive. If the seller blows me off or takes an attitude, they'll get no feedback UNLESS they already left me some, and then it will most likely be a neutral. I don't think I ever left a negative to a seller, ever.

As a SELLER, I like to have good communication with my customers. I ask that they contact me when they recieve the item, and I ask that if they are happy to leave feedback - then I will do the same. I think that if onhe of my buyers has ANY reason to want to leave less than a positive, I want to hear from them FIRST and know exactly WHY. Only when the communication process breaks down should you resort to leaving bad feedback. I have left negatives for a few non-payers, but that was about it. I feel feedback is done at the end of the transaction, and the transaction is not complete until my buyer gets his product and is 100% happy. If the buyer chooses not to leave it at that time (or doesn't know how) well then sorry, you also get none back. I've left more feedbacks that I have received, and I'm done helping people build their profile up without getting mine boosted too.

When I sell an item on ebay, I ALWAYS leave feedback as soon as I receive a Money Order or PayPal. If the buyer sends a check, I leave feedback as soon as it clears my bank. That is the only fair way. It is irresponsible for a seller to wait until the buyer leaves feedback FIRST. If you received a timely(and correct) payment from the buyer, he/she has upheld their end of the auction and should be awarded feedback as soon as possible. When a seller waits to leave feedback, it indicates to me that he/she has little faith in their item.

On the flip side of that, if I buy and a seller waits to leave feedback, I will not leave feedback. I never leave feedback(as a buyer) UNTIL the seller leaves some first.

I have left 148 feedbacks(146 positive, 1 negative, 1 neutral) and have received 141 feedbacks(all positive). As you can see, I have a couple of bidders that didn't leave any feedback, so, that is about 95%.

It is irresponsible for a seller to wait until the buyer leaves feedback FIRST.

That is your OPINION, but I have to disagree. Feedback is OPTIONAL, and it is my option as a seller to leave it when I see fit. I see it to be fit when the buyer is completely happy and has demonstrated that with a positive feedback.

If the buyer gets my item and is completely happy, they have the option to leave me feedback and I will immediately leave some right back. If they are not satisfied for some reason, I want them to CONTACT me first and let me know WHY. Sometimes this is the only way I know they got the item I sent. If they are like you, then I guess they'd get none if they choose to take that stand that I didn't leave any first.

However, it seems that people (especially newbies) who don't really know who the systems is supposed to work, think they should just leave a negative if they feel something is not right. Anything from "waited 1 day extra to ship item", to "he overcharged me 2 cents on the shipping" or something just as silly. Last thing I want is some newbie buyer deciding to complain about something and zap me with a negative for a lame reason instead of letting me know they are not happy. I am not going to be at the buyers mercy for feedback. I've dealt with too many people who can't even compose an intelligent email, do I want these same people leaving some lasting garbage on MY feedback? As the seller, I have more at stake. Do I want to leave this guy a positive first and then have him return a negative without even contacting me?? No, I don't think so.

Bottom line is the feedback system is flawed, there is no perfect answer.

I try and make an effort to leave feedback for buyers and sellers that have lower numbers of feedback -- however it seems as if those with thousands and thousands of feedbacks never leave any. I'm at around 95% -- I've left 858 and only received 822.

I really wish that eBay would modify the feedback and leave a number of the total transactions compared to the number of the feedbacks, so you can get an idea of how accurate the feedback is. It seems like people are frightened to leave negative feedback, even if it is justified, for fear of retalition. This seems to happen with those with thousands of feedbacks -- I've gotten the worst service from those with high feedback (an few negatives) compared to the smaller ones.

I also believe that if a buyer does not pay a seller, and a seller files a non-paying-bidder request and gets their refund -- eBay should instill some sort of mark on their account so people can see how often they've not paid -- might even encourage people to pay their auctions more often.

Andrew I agree with you on somehow 'marking' a non-paying bidder's account. Apparently, as it stands, their account is 'marked', but it's not visable to users. I'm dealing with a dead beat bidder now with a perfect feedback, low, but perfect. Now they ignore all e-mails and warnings. Well, guess what?? Negative feedback time. Sorry, this guy has me irked and just needed to vent. :mad: