IGNORED

I am going to lay it on the line.

General Atarian

I have have a few trades go bad here lately, I was pissed off at it, wouldn't you be.

But to sit there and be critized for voicing my opinion and to be insulted by someone WHO WAS NOT EVEN INVOLVED IN THE SUBJECT MATTER, is not what my posts were all about. And, for the record I do not double post or inflate my post count in any way, thank you.

I have very much enjoyed posting and lurking around EVERYDAY for a great many months. But when something goes wrong, all of the members asked me to post the problem, THEN I GET BLASTED FOR IT???

What the hell is this. I ask myself, why do I even come here if it is going to be like that? What's the point?

I have heard that a few bad apples spoil the bunch, after a few bad trades from members with atariage, I believe I am finished.

I bid you farwell, I will pursue my hobby on my own. I have to say, I believe I have done nothing wrong.

I got wronged and I am the one being penalized for it.

Bye. in the usual words of members leaving the atariage arena, "I'm outta here3."

Dude dont leave altogether, just take some time to cool off and relax, and after that just dont trade with anyone anymore, i havent got the collection i have of atari Items from trading with people or even buying them from ebay

i think ive only gotten about 15 2600 carts max from trades/buying from people on atariage and i have 226 carts for the 2600

just dont let some comments by some people bother you to much, its just not worth getting worked up over, and i do understand that the bad trades can leave a bad taste in your mouth, so just stop trading with people

I hope you still want to finish the trade we set up this week?

This is the problem that you get on most sites- there's always one guy who has a misguided sense of his own importance. The line about being a bigger poster is also typical- he's in it for the wrong reasons. Let's hope he does leave, though I doubt it. He has announced his leaving because he thinks he is a minor celebrity in Atari circles, but he isn't.

(SHRUG) I thought people were pretty supportive of his complaints, actually. Go figure.

"Importance" is a strange concept, to me, on an all-text board about an obsolete game console. It's funny how people will attempt to coagulate into hierarchies and castes no matter what public entity they're in. I love the Atari and its games. I like to write about it, and share my thoughts with others who share my interests. Sure, I've had some strong posts, turning into heated discussions that many didn't like (mainly due to my own atypical lack of balancing my thoughts out with humor or empathy), but that only goes to show that EVERYONE WHO LOVES SOMETHING THIS MUCH IS EQUALLY AS "IMPORTANT" AS EVERYONE ELSE, regarding opinion, perspective, etc. etc.

Just my 2K.

CF