IGNORED

My Sims

Shannon

Anyone got this yet? It looks like a cross between Animal Crossing and Harvest moon. The DS version is supposed to be different gameplay than the Wii version. We got both but I have not had a chance to try either. My son is hogging the Wii and the misses is hogging the DS. That leaves little 'ol me with nothing to do but type on these message boards to you all losers. :lol: J/K.

For those who may be wondering (doesn't seem to be that many), here is a good description that I found of the game.

Its fun but it focuses more on construction and building to make people happy rather than the social interaction. You are given tasks by neighbors to build items following certain guidelines and than they reward you.

You also invite other people to come live in your town by building them a house to make them happy. You build stuff by collecting essences of various objects by interacting with people and objects in town. The essences than add to 1 of 5 various catageories of interest.

Its very fun very much worth the buy.

• 2 weeks later...
I just seen the Ad for this on TV and i thought of Animal Crossing once i saw it.I bet alot of people will buy it on that thought alone.

Wife picked it up and has been playing it constantly for a couple of weeks. It's pretty much what it looks like - a cross between Animal Crossing and The Sims. Since she's a fan of both games, she's a good indication of how good of a game it is. While she liked it at first the biggest complaint has been you get to a point where you've unlocked every place there is to get in to, you start running out of things to do. The characters don't really interact, it's not real time based so nothing exciting happens based on day, and without any online play or even it being online aware means it becomes limited pretty quick.

I played a bit too and the Sims aspect is there - you gotta be nice people to get "++"s and their happy meters go up, but that's about as far as it goes. Your main purpose is to bring a dilapitated town back to life by building houses and things that people want like chairs, podiums, holders, etc. You shake trees like in Animal Crossing to get fruit but besides using it to replant more trees you can use the fruit to get their 'essence' so you can add them into whatever you're building. Add flowery essence to a chair and it becomes 'cute', etc. It's fun for awhile but I can see it getting kinda old fairly quickly.

Edited by icbrkr

Yeah the replay value is a bit limited compared to something like Animal Crossing. So I try to limit play time to small doses. But try interacting with the different items in the town folk's homes. For example, the karaoke machine. That is one thing that Animal Crossing never really had.

But yeah, the game is kinda like a Sim's lite.