IGNORED

Falcon upgrades

tjlazer

Well spend the whole day and night working on my Falcon! I was extra careful and took it slow hence the all nighter!

Did the following:

1. Removed the NVRAM chip and installed a socket for the new chip

2. Installed TOS 4.04 EPROM

3. Installed 14MB RAM Card

I originally bought some 27C4096 EPROM OTP chips and incorrectly burned both of them and TOS would not boot! I then took a risky manover and erased my original chip which is a EPROM (I know ballsy!) Well I spend the better part of the night and AM trying to desperatly get TOS working. I have to erase and burn the darn thing a like 10 times until I got it to work! At first it was due to not byte swapping the ROM image, then some of the little legs were touching and each time I tried to write the image to it, it would fail thus requiring a erase! Yes it was a fun filled night.

But now my Falcon is working good.

Removing the NVRAM chip was the EASY part of this whole process! (Hehe I would of bet it would of been the harder part) I just removed the solder from all the 24 pins and then snipped each leg off and with needle nose plyers removed the legs with the soldering iron. Wasn't bad at all.

Yeah I would like to double up the speed to 32MHz. Whats the best way for this? What is PhanomS?

PhantomS speeds up the system to 25 mhz.

32 mhz speeders usually just speed up the cpu which has less effect.

Is there a doc or site on how to do this 25MHz mod?

Yeah I would like to double up the speed to 32MHz. Whats the best way for this? What is PhanomS?

My friend is making them. More info on his web: http://www.volny.cz/boban07/PhantomS/

My friend is making them. More info on his web: http://www.volny.cz/boban07/PhantomS/

Cool, I got my 14MB RAM card from him. Is he shipping this PhantomS right now?

Cool, I got my 14MB RAM card from him. Is he shipping this PhantomS right now?

What I know he is very busy with his 2 daughters. So he is little late with the distribution. Just ask him But he builded some of PhanotmS at OFAM party. The accelerator looks great! Just check it here: PhantomS