IGNORED

Samba de Amigo! Cha-cha-cha!

-^CrossBow^-

Link here from IGN...

Samba de Amigo to return on the Wii...

I have the dreamcast version of course, but you have to admit that the Wii with a remote in one hand and nunchuck in the other would be a perfect fit for a game like this. Now imagine that...with hopefully some updated cleaner graphics, more songs, and 4 player support?! Or course none of what I just said has been confirmed other than that the game is being made for the Wii. But we can hope yeah?!

Yeah, I've played Samba de Amigo 2000. It's pretty good, although I wish they had put in some tunes by Santana. I mean, geez, how can you capture that spicy Latino flavor without Oye Como Va?

Also, let's forget about using the stupid nunchuck. When I play Samba de Amigo, I need unhindered, unrestricted movement. A game like this just won't fly without a Wiimote in each hand!

I don't know how they can incoroporate the game to use a seperate wii remote for each maraca. The Wii designates the Wii remotes automatically as a player 1 or player 2 primary controller. I don't see anyway around that design of the Wii bluetooth system. The only way to use a seperate remote for each maraca would be to actually create it as a two player coop situation. In other words have player 1's remote control the left and player 2 control the right. But doing that, would make it impossible to have 4 players at once. Until we get more info on it...everything is speculation anyway. I'm hoping for 4 player...as my boys would love to play this alongside dad. 2 player only means I would have to deal with one of them moaning and whining over not being able to play with daddy...ugh....

Just thought of another reason why Sega would likely NOT setup a seperate Wii remote for each hand option. Doing that would make the game require 2 remotes in order to play it. You know as well as anyone that they aren't going to make something like that a requirement. However, everyone who bought a Wii has at least one remote and one nunchuck...

And since the nunchuck has the same acceleromter in it that the remote does...it just makes sense to use them both.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

• 1 month later...
Just thought of another reason why Sega would likely NOT setup a seperate Wii remote for each hand option. Doing that would make the game require 2 remotes in order to play it. You know as well as anyone that they aren't going to make something like that a requirement. However, everyone who bought a Wii has at least one remote and one nunchuck...

I'd at least like the option of having a two Wiimote setup myself. It just seems to be a bit more ideal than a "tethered" setup, and there really isn't any reason why Sega wouldn't at least give you the option...