IGNORED

My First 10!

Guitarman

This last weekend, I acquired the complete disk library from the HiSUG (High Sierra User's Group) along with an Atari 800 with a eprom burner attached. I have been going through the original commercial software disks that were in the collection and came across my FIRST rarity 10!! It is CE Software's Keno from 1981. There are a few rarity 9's in the collection also. Just had to share my excitement!!

Start a list here!! What was your first rarity 10 acquisition??

Very cool! Is that a 10 as rated by Atarimania? Did it include the complete packaging?

What do you estimate it's worth?

Yes, rated 10 at Atarimania. It is disk only though. In these collections I seem to keep falling into, I have a ton of software. Since I have come across many missing titles, I have been communicating with Atarimania to get them all archived for the site. The set of library disks from HiSUG (almost 200) had a index disk with the list of all the disks in the library and their contents. I sent an image of that off to Atarimania so they can scan it for missing titles.

This last weekend, I acquired the complete disk library from the HiSUG (High Sierra User's Group) along with an Atari 800 with a eprom burner attached. I have been going through the original commercial software disks that were in the collection and came across my FIRST rarity 10!! It is CE Software's Keno from 1981. There are a few rarity 9's in the collection also. Just had to share my excitement!!

It would be great if someone could start an archive of all the user group software and magazines. This is something that has been negleted. They magazines are much harder to fine than the commercial stuff so eventually they will be lost forever.

Allan

It would be great if someone could start an archive of all the user group software and magazines. This is something that has been negleted. They magazines are much harder to fine than the commercial stuff so eventually they will be lost forever.

Allan

As far as the HiSUG library, that is my plan. I plan to image the full library and make it available. I also have the contents of a Southern Cal BBS that used to be fairly well known back in the day. It was the S.W.A.M.P. BBS. Plan on getting that archived also. I actually have the full BBS contents so I may repost the message archives also.

Yes, rated 10 at Atarimania. It is disk only though.

The bad news is that it will probably become a "9" now that we know three collectors who have this title :D

The CE Software tape releases must be ultra, ultra rare. I have never seen one in my entire life (but they do exist).

In these collections I seem to keep falling into, I have a ton of software. Since I have come across many missing titles, I have been communicating with Atarimania to get them all archived for the site. The set of library disks from HiSUG (almost 200) had a index disk with the list of all the disks in the library and their contents. I sent an image of that off to Atarimania so they can scan it for missing titles.

Thanks a bunch for that!

I checked the index and chances are we'll find some public domain or type-in BASIC programs in there. I did recognize a big number of files which, not surprisingly, are just repeats from other user group collections. I believe the originals and the pirated commercial software disks will fill in more blanks :)

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Edited by www.atarimania.com

It would be great if someone could start an archive of all the user group software and magazines.

I believe Carsten Strotmann started doing this but the project is still in its infancy and I didn't find many scanned items. There are some early magazines which absolutely need to be archived (like the ACE Newsletter). I'm really disappointed publications such as Compute! or ANALOG aren't scanned entirely.

Well, "user group software" is a pretty vague expression. It's usually difficult to determine where some of this software comes from. For example, if you check our database, you'll find a number of BASIC files with a [no publisher] tag. This is mostly what "user group software" is: programs written by club members, submitted to a particular library and passed around with user groups swapping disks.

They magazines are much harder to fine than the commercial stuff so eventually they will be lost forever.

Sorry but that's not true at all, some commercial games are virtually impossible to find, even in pirated form! There are some extremely rare magazines but I don't think that comes close to some homemade commercial games with ridiculous production runs.

--

Atari Frog

Some mega rare stuff...

Spanish tapes by Unimport...

rare_1.jpg

Expando-Vision by Stimu-Tech...

rare_2.jpg

Final Exam by Silicon Valley Systems (never mentioned in any ad and never dumped) and Quest for Quintana Roo by Sunrise Software (available thanks to FastRobPlus)...

rare_3.jpg

Porky's plus two home banking cartridges. The middle one is the only known copy...

rare_4.jpg

Jenny of the Prairie, part of a series of programs aimed at girls...

rare_5.jpg

--

Atari Frog

WHat kind of Eprom burner? Can we see a picture?

I'm pretty sure the nearly 30 carts I have are nothing special.

But a while back, when I bought a 1050 drive locally and picked it up, the previous owner gave me a buttload of floppies that he had. I did an inventory of them some time ago, and this is what I found. Could all be ordinary for all I know, or maybe not - let me know if anything stands out.

GAMES

1. Dallas Quest (a&b)

2. Abuse (a)

3. Gypsy (a)

4. Jumpman, Mr. Robot, Track, Millipede,

Megamania, Atari Qix (a)

5. Ghostbusters (a)

6. Indiana Jones Pyramids of Giza (a)

7. Enchanter (a&b)

8. Dandy (b)

9. Chopper, Hellcat, SeaWolf2 (a)

10. AE (a&b)

11. Temple of Apshai (b)

12. Adventure (b)

13. Livewire (b)

14. Arcade Games - a - Lunar Defender,

Death Zone, Qbert clone, Arena Racer, Frog

Dead on Road, River Raid; b- Starfighter,

James Bond 007, Jungle Dark, Cad 3-D

View

15. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (a&b)

16. Six-Gun Shootout (b)

17. The Institute (a)

18. Cribbage Atari (a)

19. Maxi Golf

20. Galactic Trader, 747 Landing Simulator

21. Gemstone Warrior (b)

22. Castle Wolfenstein (b)

23. Barbary Coast Adventure (a)

24. U.S. Paper Plane (a&b)

25. SAM (a); The Scanalyzer 1.1 (b)

26. Sevens, Solitaire (a)

27. Fortress (a)

28. Crisis Center (a); Recall (a)

29. Star Trek; Check Balance; Games -

Rainbow, Asteroid, Missile Command, Star

Raiders, Space Invaders, Galaxian, Mars,

RearGuard, Space Race

30. Suspended (a)

31. Strip Poker (data only, no game disk)

32. Star Trek (a); Arcade games - Rainbow,

Asteroids, Missile Command, Star Raiders,

Space Invaders, Galaxian, Mars, Breakout,

Space Race.

33. AutoGames - FltSim, Jackpot, Art1,

Gtrader (a); MyDOS 3.08

34. Fractals (a); Antic Music Processor (b)

35. Super Frogs (a)

36. Star Fleet (a, not Trek)

37. Jump Man (a); Bruce Lee, Ballblaster,

Ghost, Popeye (b)

38. Game Pack 1 - a - Alien Capture, Moon

Lander, Guess My Word, Treasure Hunt,

Guess My Number, Mugwump, Color

Wheel, Slot Machine

39. BASIC Games 1 - a - Escape, Mazemad,

Icecave, Flip, Trakstar, Robot, Minigolf,

Pente, Roadblock, Hookey; b - Balloons,

Midway, Combat, Chase, Morse

40. BASIC Games 2 - a - Blakjack,

Blakhole, Threed, Bingo, Wdpuz, Smokey,

Monopoly

UTILITIES

1. DOS 2.0S

2. DOS 2.5 (2)

3. DOS 3

4. My DOS 4.1 (2)

5. TOP-DOS 1.5 (a)

6. Sparta DOS 3.2d (a)

7. Smart DOS (a); Sparta DOS 1.1 (b)

8. Disk Indx2 (b)

9. Advanced Music System

10. Mega Font II+ 2.0

11. Speed Script 3.0

12. Daisy Dot II

13. 835/850 Handler

14. Happy XL OS (won't work)

15. Disk Doctor II (a); Sherlock 1050 (b)

16. Draper Pascal 2.1 (a)

17. BASIC Compiler (a); DOS 2.0s (b)

18. Household Finance Pt 1 & 2 (a)

19. Algebra (a)

20. Utilities Disk 01 (a)

21. Load*It! (a); Flip It, Star Trek training

game (b)

22. Analog ML Editor

Thanks for posting! I spotted some titles that may be missing from the archives :)

It would be fantastic if you could copy the following programs to .atr format...

UTILITIES

19. Algebra

21. Flip It, Star Trek training game

GAMES

12. Adventure (which version is this?)

14. sides A and B

18. Cribbage Atari (which version is this?)

23. Barbary Coast Adventure (is this actually Pirates of the Barbary Coast or something else?)

26. Sevens, Solitaire

33. FltSim, Jackpot, Art1, Gtrader

35. Super Frogs (is this the full version?)

38. sides A and B

39. sides A and B

40. sides A and B

Thanks for your help again!

--

Atari Frog

Edited by www.atarimania.com

Thanks for posting! I spotted some titles that may be missing from the archives :)

It would be fantastic if you could copy the following programs to .atr format...

UTILITIES

19. Algebra

21. Flip It, Star Trek training game

GAMES

12. Adventure (which version is this?)

14. sides A and B

18. Cribbage Atari (which version is this?)

23. Barbary Coast Adventure (is this actually Pirates of the Barbary Coast or something else?)

26. Sevens, Solitaire

33. FltSim, Jackpot, Art1, Gtrader

35. Super Frogs (is this the full version?)

38. sides A and B

39. sides A and B

40. sides A and B

Thanks for your help again!

--

Atari Frog

I'd have to look at them again to answer your questions. But I don't have what would be needed - equipment or knowledge - to get them off the floppies and onto the PC, which is what I guess you mean by .atr format.

Brian, do you think you could post screenshots of the games? Just the title screens would do and small pictures would be perfectly OK. I believe this is the best way we can determine if you have anything not archived yet. The rest can be worked out later.

Thanks!

--

Atari Frog

I'll let you know if I can get around to it.