IGNORED

Did Emo kids hurt classic gaming?

homerwannabee

can you please kindly remind of wtf an emo kid is?

People who listen to "EMOTIONAL MUSIC",or anything MELODIC,EMO for short,like HOOBASTANK,"THE REASON".Back in the 80's it would have been stuff like REO SPEEDWAGON",but people who listened to that stuff were called FAGS,WIMPS, back then,not EMO.Like metalheads who listen to metal,PUNKERS listen to punk,etc.

Edited by Rik

can you please kindly remind of wtf an emo kid is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_kid

Tempest

"Emo has been characterized as a fad that will be discarded and forgotten in the near future.[10] Critics cast the fashion as embarrassing and the people as imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable homes.

Emo people are portrayed as melodramatic, self-pitying teenagers who pour their efforts into writing depressing poetry. "

Ummm... haven't there been self-pitying teenagers since time began? What part of this is new enough to warrant a label?

i have to admit i have an nes belt buckle that i have been wearing for almost 5 years now. note that i did make it myself way before it was "cool" and i still wear it to this day, with one small modification, being the nerd that i am i installed one of those "tv be gone" things in mine so when the B button is pressed it turns off ANY tv set, whcih makes for fun trips to the mall!

I hate emo music,but I do like tight pants,and I do have an NES buckle,allthough its a metal belt buckle that just LOOKS like a controller.

I do know some annoying ass emo kids who wear Nintendo shirts,but they do legitimately like NES games. I'm not sure why "gamerz" need to act as though they're in some sort of hardcore club. Any male in his twenties,including emos,punks,jocks,etc. is going to like Contra,Super Mario,Castlevania,whatever. Case in point,I remember when every raver had an Atari hoodie. We ALL grew up playing them. Due to my belt buckle,I meet a LOT of people who still have their NES's hooked up because current gen is too expensive,and too time consuming. A lot more people like retro games than the few who post online about them.

Emo kids are cool. We occasionally have one get to close to us, and the poor bastard barely makes it out alive...assuming you can call them 'alive' to begin with, that is :D

Seriously, Emo's just starting up in this neck o f the woods (yeah, this toilet we call home is seriously far gbehind the resto f the world) But over all, nobody's made any moves against games, at least not that I've known about.