IGNORED

atari VCS model...

jp

I have an atari VCS with wood, 4 switches and a yellow piping around the switches.

It matches the "Atari VCS - CX2600A Promotional Console" description i found on AtariAge but it wasn't manufactured in Sunnyvale. It was manufactured in Ireland (Europe).

Does anybody know if it is really a promotional console ?

Thanx

jp

Hi there,

I have seen probably 10 promo consoles over the years, and they have all been identical to regular release machines, save one detail:

On the bottom of the machines, there is a hot stamp burned into the plastic casing (just like the production code) that says "For Promotional Use Only, Not For Resale". The boxes are also marked across the front, much the same way the refurbished boxes are, in white lettering saying the same. All the peripherals and packaging was identical as well.

From what I have seen, they seem to be worth about the same money. I picked up mine off of ebay. Paid about the same as a regular boxed system goes for. Maybe I got lucky?

Cassidy

BTW, To the best of my knowledge, there were no promo systems marked and shipped from Sunnyvale. That practice started years (like 3) later.

yes, this comes from the box i have here. a red 4 switcher box. it has the same design than the regular one, but comes in a red tone in the background. there is written "PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY" & "NOT FOR RESALE above, looking like it was screened over

hey, maybe you are interested in trading the console with me. my tradelist is posted in the market place. unfortunately (or luckily, however you want to see it) my box came with a sunnyvale heavysixer

so check out my list and get back to me ;)