IGNORED

tempest 2000 -> original tempest -> what on a8?

Marius

In the past I had this game on my a8.

I saw a topic written by a fellow named "Tempest" ... so I thought! This game = Tempest!

But I can't find an atari 8bit game name tempest :S

strange...

This is the game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempest_2000

I hope someone could tell me what a8 game this is. I'm 100% sure I played a game looked like this on my 800XL in 1987 or so.

Marius

EDIT:

It might be a PD version of this game. Sigh... I can not find it hehe

Edited by Marius1976

In the past I had this game on my a8.

I saw a topic written by a fellow named "Tempest" ... so I thought! This game = Tempest!

But I can't find an atari 8bit game name tempest :S

strange...

This is the game:

I hope someone could tell me what a8 game this is. I'm 100% sure I played a game looked like this on my 800XL in 1987 or so.

Marius

The only tempest like game for the 8bit that I remember was a type-in game from Analog magazine called Livewire.

post-5044-1191092174_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevin242

Glenn The Atari 5200 Man converted many unreleased 5200 games onto the Atari 8 bit computers. I remember playing many of these games 20 plus years ago after I downloaded them from BBS's. I don't remember Tempest being one of those games but I guess it is possible that I missed that one.

There currently is work being done on the Atari 5200 version of Tempest and hopefully it will be released soon. I wouldn't be shocked to see an 8 bit version.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109883

The only tempest like game for the 8bit that I remember was a type-in game from Analog magazine called Livewire.

THAT IS THE GAME!!!

Indeed... it was called Livewire!! Woooohoooo...

I think I had it on one of my tapes of the "Stichting Atari Gebruikers" (Atari Users Foundation) ... or perhaps a disk.

Hmmm now i have to get this game. Any Ideas?

thanks man!

Can't wait to play it again.

Marius

I found it on atarimania!

Thanks for the help. I'm SO glad. Have to transfer the game to my 800XL tonight! I have looked for this game so long. Real fond memories of this game.

Edited by Marius1976

I'm going to have to try all of these games. There was a title called Vortex in an old Commodore magazine; Ahoy or Gazette, I'm not sure which. I always wanted to try that, but I didn't have a Commodore 64 at the time. To this day, I don't know if it was a Tempest clone or a Gyruss clone...

You are aware there's a Livewire 2 also?

Livewire 2?

Where can I find that version?

I remember why I loved this game so much.

Those days... I only had 1 800xl and a 1010 tapedrive. All games in BASIC. Cool ofcourse... but this game was short to load, and it ran FAST ... Those days.... I did not know how to program Machine Code, but with games like Livewire I got curious about MC... I really wanted to learn that language.

Now in 2007 I know MC... but only to program tools and a little intro. I really should learn to program games like livewire myself.

Greetz

Marius

Well,

Livewire and Livewire 2 can be played with Joystick and Koala/Paddle controllers, just choose your device with the Select key. Afaik there is an old Datasoft game called "Genesis" (the one with the scorpion on a spider net) that has some similarities to Tempest as well. And two more PD games (one of them with a bug on a spider net) that have similarities to Tempest also... alas, I do not remember the names of these Pd games yet...

But a real Tempest game on the A8 would be cool - maybe one could not only produce a vectorized version of Tempest, but also one with filled vectors... (since I saw Yoomp! I think filled vectors could be possible for Tempest too)... -Andreas Koch.

You are aware there's a Livewire 2 also?

Livewire 2?

Where can I find that version?

I remember why I loved this game so much.

Those days... I only had 1 800xl and a 1010 tapedrive. All games in BASIC. Cool ofcourse... but this game was short to load, and it ran FAST ... Those days.... I did not know how to program Machine Code, but with games like Livewire I got curious about MC... I really wanted to learn that language.

Now in 2007 I know MC... but only to program tools and a little intro. I really should learn to program games like livewire myself.

Greetz

Marius

Not sure if I did correctly yet, but I attached the file. ATR of Livewire 2

Livewire_2.zip