IGNORED

Miis not mingling?

Lauren Tyler

I have a couple people verified on my list, but while all my Miis are set to mingle, and travel is on, none of them seem to travel to other Wiis, nor are people sending any to me. Is there some kind of setting I'm missing or is it just that nobody has any to share? (Mind you I don't believe it's the latter, since a friend of mine and I are having the same problem.)

Well...it depends. As I've said before...I have a LOT of Miis showing up in the Mii parade on my Wii. But I don't know who made most of them. However, if what I've been told about the Miis is correct, then all 300+ Miis in the Mii parade on my Wii were created by those in my Friends Code list. I have specifically send my Miis to a few people. But I think only to about 3 or so. I do have nearly all of mine set to Mingle, so eventually they are supposed to show up on other peoples Mii Parades who are registered with my Wii and my Wii registered with theirs.

I can tell you that 2 of the Miis I created set to Mingle are Named Crossbow and sweetpea...

It hard for me to comment. I didn't do anything different than you and plenty show up in my parade. How many friends do you have, just a couple? That may be the difference, I have like more than a dozen entered in and I leave my Wii off for long lengths so when I do log in the parade is full. Maybe it takes awhile for them to migrate and maybe the more friends you have the more come over? I'd try to hook up with some folks from AA. There's plenty of hilairious Mii's out there. I choose the best and add them to my lobby.

Larcen,

go into the Wii settings and look in there for an option called WiiConnect24. You have to make sure it is enabled, and that you have standby turned on. Otherwise you Wii won't be talking to the Internet during idle time to get stuff like new Miis and messages...etc downloaded to it.

I can also confirm that the Miis are downloaded and stored on the Wii. I took my Wii to a friends house this weekend and didn't have internet capability. Anyway, I went to the Mii channel and sure enough there were like 319 Miis in the parade still. So, it doesn't look like the Miis are read in real time when looking at them in the parade. This leads me to believe that the Wii downloads them during idle times when you aren't using it and stores them somewhere in the Wii.

Actually,they don't have to come from your friends per se,they could come from a friend-of-a-friend,as long as they're in his parade,they may show up on yours,even if they aren't necassarily made by him.

It can also take awhile for them to show up. When I first started, I think I had maybe 1 every day or so show up. Now that it's been 10 months, I have over 200 and the wife has 300+. But the above is correct, as long as you have a long path of friends who are connected to friends, etc, you should eventually get a ton. If you only get 1 or 2 ever, it's time to make some new friends ;)