IGNORED

First game you beat?

A Sprite

Maniac Mansion for the NES. The ending was absolutely worth it. Of course I still own it and play it (I have yet to beat the game with every combination of kids)

If you have an NES and haven't played this game, shame on you.

What was the first game you ever beat?

Was the ending worth the trip?

Do you still own it? Do you still play it?

Would you recommend we play it too?

Just curious...

The first game I ever beat was Adventure for the Atari 2600 if you count the Atari era.

For the NES era, the first one was Mega Man 3. I no longer own the game but it's still my fav of the NES Mega Man titles. Play this game, says me! :)

Edited by 7800Lover

Hmm, I'm not really sure. I was pretty little when the NES came out so I didn't often finish games. Most games were too hard for me back then, and I liked playing them more than beating them. I doubt it stood out too much when I beat my first one. Years later I finally went back and beat all those old NES games that I had played almost my entire life. It took me 15 years to finally beat SMB 2. The first game I beat was probably Duck Tales, or maybe Gurella War.

2600 - haunted house was my first ever i think i even did all the options, then adventure, then pitfall 2 are the ones i remember

7800 - Pole Position II :)

nes - Zelda 1 and 2 then Shadowgate, Defender of the Crown, Uninvited, Déjà Vu, Maniac Mansion, Super Dodge Ball, i never cared to beat super mario bros untill the SNES version came out

i recommend all of the games :)

I guess it would have been Demon Attack for the 2600. I really didn't beat it, since I hit the infamous "kill screen" where the game goes blank and the game seizes. It was expected though as Imagic had slipped a note sheet in the game saying that if you reached this level you had "survived".....and yes it was lame :lol:

All right, I'll be the first one to admit it. The first game I ever beat was E.T. which I got the same Christmas as my 2600. Shortly followed by Adventure, Haunted House, and Raiders.

Later in life, I know I beat Super Mario Bros on the NES, but I can't for the life of me remember how it ends anymore. I came THIS CLOSE to beating Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punchout until my roommate loaned it out to someone (it was his) and we never saw it again.

On the Genesis, it was probably Flashback: The Quest for Identity, still probably the best Genesis game ever made. I also beat Sonic 1, but again, can't remember what happens. I know I beat Subterranea also, very cool game. Earthworm Jim was another one that I got all the way to the finale, and couldn't beat it, gave up years ago, same with Alladin.

On the 32x, only Doom, but I still love it, but never really played any other version either.

On the PC, probably Duke Nukem 3D, awesome! Then I'd say Quake 2, Max Payne, and Deus Ex. Speaking of DeusEx, by far the best PC game ever. Totally open ended gameplay, multiple endings, just incredible. I'd say more, but Albert might just think I was kissing his ass. :)

Right now, I'm working my way through Demolition Racer: No Exit on the Dreamcast. Almost there! If I do, it will be the first game I've beat in years.

Tarzan for the ColecoVision. Still own it. Dated, but beautifully illustrated game. Very much ahead of its time in terms of action/adventure games.

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

...damn, how many times we got to the final stage until we realized we had to do the "tarzan yell" by pressing a keypad to actually FINISH the game....lol, but of course it just loops over again. Sure was a great game for it's time, awesome graphics.

My first finish was the NES version of Trojan.