IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Tass Times in Tone Town

RSS Bot

Hi there!

To sum this one up, I'm glad it's all over! :lol:

TTiTT is an early Interplay effort, when they did a series of adventures for Activision. This one was already the 4th and also the last, with Interplay focusing more on RPGs from then onwards, most likely driven by the success of The Bard's Tale.

tasstimes.gif

As you can see, after Univited this is another point & click interfaced game, again a good year before Maniac Mansion. Doing some mythbusting here. Even Lucasarts themselves did another point & click before MM, which I will be playing soon...

Now, the icons in TTiTT are rather cosmetic though. There's a full blown (read "plain" :P) text adventure under the hood, with them icons just being shortcuts, so you need less typing (On Lemon64 this 'genre' is called Type & Click'). Being cynical, I'd say the icons are just to use up some more space on the screen, so they could fit in more graphics. Speaking of which, as you can see above, they're butt-ugly 1:1 transfers from the Apple 2 original.

I didn't like the story, which was trying hard to be funny, yet failed. Even less did I like the riddles. Not sure if I should actually call them riddles, since mainly it's required to do the right thing at the right time in the right order, while it's never really clear what you're actually supposed to do at all. You guessed it, I reached for a walkthrough within an hour :ponder:

Uninvited was clearly the better adventure I've been "Playing..." so far... :)

Some future day the "Playing..." series may see another 'type & click' in the form of "Personal Nightmare", but first it will continue *drumrolls* with yet another adventure!?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3948