IGNORED

Long vs. Short

StanJr

Does a longer auction really make mo' money compared to a shorter one? Long auctions make me nuts. Seems to me MOST of the bidding is done on the last day of the auction anyway. So I was wondering if the length is a really big factor.

What is the shortest auction possible?

i know that when people put up auctions for 9 days i wont even watch them, 6 day 21 hour auctions i can handle but the 3 day auctions i love, just for the fact people might not look on ebay for a couple days and not notice it, so thats less bidders on the auction and hopefully a cheaper win for me :D

I agree with Lemmi but I would like to add something to it. I wouldn't say that they make more money but the chances of selling your items increase because they are generally viewed by more people.

My $0.02 ...

Unless I was desperate for cash and absolutely needed to run an auction for only three days, I would at minimum run auctions for seven days. Many people might only look at auctions on eBay once a week (if that), so the longer your auction runs the more likely someone is to look at it and put in a bid. Or use some service like eSnipe to put a bid in.

I think the nine day auctions are a bit excessive and I've never used them when selling items.

..Al

Back to my original question, though, does a LONG auction (7 day) make mo' money than a short one (3 day)?

Seems to me all the auctions I look at, 90% of the bidding is done on the final day.

Has anyone ever tested this? Is anyone willing to?

Almost all of the bidding is done in the final day or two, BUT some people may add a 7-day item to their watch list on the first day it is listed. (Although I personally hate having long auctions tie up my watch list slots for an entire week.)

Ten-day auctions COST EXTRA LISTING FEES, so they are definitely questionable for a seller. Unless, of course, you're one of the sellers that increases Ebay revenues with gift icons! :roll: