IGNORED

Free Wii-Mote Jackets

moycon

I guess people have been slamming the hell out of Wii-motes and breaking them. Nintendo sent me a message stating that all Wii systems now will include Wii-mote jackets to cushion the blow when you drop your Wii-mote. If you've already purchased a system, you can still get em....for free.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp

Can't beat free.

Altho, I don't really need, I already have Wii-mote grips on mine, and my living room is carpeted....but still...FREE!!

• 3 weeks later...

My jackets showed up today. The rubber has an interesting pattern to it, feels a bit like a motorcycle grip. The 'business' end of the remote looks like its suffering from some giant fluid filled blister. :lol:

Overall totally unnecessary though. After morons keep smashing each other with these new 'enchanced' wiimotes and still keep flinging them everywhere, Nintendo will have to send out pillows to everyone to wrap their remotes in. :P

Nintendo will have to send out pillows to everyone to wrap their remotes in. :P

You mean themselves in.

Tired of getting bonked like a Kupa?

Then send away for your free Nintendo Wii-body armor with patented cushioned brain plate protection and Wii enabled blast processing.

Got my 4 in today...they slip in a lot easier than I suspected they would. I'm not looking forward to slipping these off to change the batteries all the time though. I actually do go through a set of batteries each week with each of my remotes. Hence why rechargables are pretty much required for Wii users.

Ahem...however, I do feel sorta "dirty" handling my condomized remote now...

Got mine today. Not sure I like the feel of the B button now. Will have to try it with some Metroid to see if I'll be using it regularly. The thicker end by the D-pad might make playing NES games more comfortable and I like the plug for the accessory controller port. I handle all of my stuff with care so they were completely unnecessary for me but hey, they were free.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine last week. The jacket really messes up the iPod like simplicity of the controller, now it looks like something a woman would take in the shower. That being said i got used to it right away and dont see any problems with it. I have a 5 year old who is a big fan of the bowling game, he's already thrown it behind the TV a couple of times. I also have 2 year olds who are constantly snatching the controllers so its a good thing to have some extra protection. I'm wondering if these might be some sort of strange collectors item in 15 years, to play it safe I tucked the instruction sheet into my console box.