IGNORED

Rapier Development Boards, ANYONE?

munkyxtc

Ok, I'm sure you've seen my last post stating I'm liquidating my jag collection because of my lay off from my job, well, this item, I'm not looking to auction, I want to make sure it goes to a die-hard jag fan. Here's the deal, I bought it a while back from Ted Rusniak, who assured me that it was working at the time I bought it, They have been since kept in static bags in my safe, I have never hooked it up though, It includes the following: Main Board Rapier Rev 2, CD ROM to Rapier Interface, Felix I/O Card Rev 4, Rapier Rom Emulator Rev 4. I'll have pictures available tomorrow. If you are seriously interested in this item, you can try posting here, but your best bet is to email me munkyxtc@hotmail.com as this is easiest for me to check. Please don't ask what I want for it, because honestly I'm not sure, heck, I don't even want to get rid of it but I need the quick cash flow. Also, if you can't wait to email me (or at least a response), you can give me a try by telephone at 610.842.7927

I also have the Jag flight stick, Rotary control, and test cart which are only available to die-hards.

Thanks,

DAVE

"M"

Hi !

It's only a collectors item. If somebody is serious about Jag development the early dev kits are not the way to go. In the dev manual they say "if you are still using one of the old dev kits contact atari dev support immediately to exchange it."

All hobby dev kits are a much better solution if you want to code and the alpine is the best solution, but quite expensive and rare.

Regards, Lars.

It's only a collectors item.

Yes, this I know...I was just offering it up in case another collector just wanted it for the satisfaction of just owning.

Last year, I found an alpine board for $350, that was perfectly functional, and I believe to be an absolute steal. None-the-less, I agree, that they are quite rare.

"M"

Last year, I found an alpine board for $350, that was perfectly functional, and I believe to be an absolute steal. None-the-less, I agree, that they are quite rare.

Was that eXtreme Rush's one? You sniped me you bastard.

*not happy*

Stone

Was that eXtreme Rush's one? You sniped me you bastard.

*not happy*

Stone

Stone,

That wasn't me, I didn't get mine from the internet, I actually found it at a small videogame dealer in Pensauken, NJ.

Dave

"M"

Hi Stone !

I'm sure if there is really a reason to be sorry for not getting HIS alpine...

He once sold me a Jaguar that had "one pin missing on the boot rom" according to him... I thought it was easy to replace the boot rom with a BJL rom. When I got that Jag I had to find out that the a lot of parts were missing, the board was scratched and fried throughly at one spot.

(at the power regulator Chip). The power connector was also missing :-(

The whole board was completely useless.

If he said that his alpine was in a good shape, it might mean "if you've luck you'll get it to work".

Regards, Lars.

Hi,

I'm VERY new to all this Jaguar stuiff. Only JUST having received my Jaguar and JagCD from Nick Harlow.

I'm wanting to develop (but not going down the road of promising things before i see how its likely to progress). I'm currently working on 2 falcon projects (both using the same 3d engine so that i don't divide my efforts) and wanting to transfer the engine also to the Jaguar.

I don't know anything about this rapier board, and to be honest i'm not at all interested in 'collecting'.

I am interested however in what are sensible methods for developing (i have Protector SE to begin with) and to be honest, until i see where i'm headed, an alpine board seems a tad expensive.

Any advice here, much appreciated.

Cheers

Your best bet then is to get some sort of BJL mod (either through Protector SE or modifying your Jaguar).

The modifying would be your cheapest solution. Protector SE requires no modification.

Visit www.atari-jaguar64.de for development tools and manuals.

Don't bother with the Rapier. It's useless for Jaguar development. I only know of one person who's been able to get a Rapier to work. And he didn't have much to report about that.