IGNORED

Solaris STILL rolls!

StanJr

About a year or so ago, I complained that I had a Solaris that would not play on my TV. The screen rolled and the colors appeared to be off (the sky and saturn looking planet on the start screen are greens not blues). While the cart has NO marking whatsoever that would indicate PAL, I thought maybe it was anyway. However, the fine people here told me that if I ran my VCS through a VCR, that should straighten it all out.

Then came today. As some of you may know, I have hooked my VCS to my VCR. Well, guess what, SOLARIS STILL ROLLS! :x :x :x :x

My VCR is a JVC 4 head (funny lookin' "u" thing) Pro-cision model made on or about 2000. Yet still my Solaris rolls.

So again, could it be PAL, or is there something still that I can try?

The colors being off indicate to me that it most likely is a PAL copy of the game. My TV is able to handle PAL signals...but when I actually play a PAL cart..the image is moved up to where about the first eigth of the screen is cutoff. No biggie..just means the score is only half visible in most of those games.heheh..

If you want...you can send the cart to me via cheap media mail and I would be happy to analyze it. I will then dump the cart and compare it to a dump off my own NTSC copy for the colors...gameplay..etc. Funny thing about PAL games is that they play at a slightly slower speed...hehe..

;)

Please keep me posted on this too.

I have a Solaris cart that rolls like it was a PAL cart, but there's nothing on the label that says it's a PAL cart. In fact, when I first bought it from KayBee Toys, it worked fine (no rolling). Then one day, I turned it on, and since then, nothing by uncontrollable rolling.

Wierd!

:roll: