IGNORED

gng for Atari 8-bit - work in progress

Sikor

XXL started working on another ZX-Spectrum game clone (after JETBOY - jetpac port) for Atari: Ghost and Goblins. Now, he made about 7% of code and 4KB of tables. In this topic of atariarea: http://atariarea.krap.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5256 XXL wrote: "fonts I take from original gng (from mame), numbers from c64 version. Unfortunately will not sound or sound fx, lack of memory. Good news: game runs on standard 64KB of RAM".

We will wait for this game!!!

Well, actually this pic came from C64 and i look for someone who may g2f it. :D

Actually... strictly speaking this picture comes from the Amstrad CPC, it was drawn by Ste Pickford and then converted to the C64 later by someone else.

The Spec version of GNG only have 2.5 levels instead the 6 levels that C64 version have (or the arcade version).

Other way, what about a TIP Graphic for the intro ? ....

post-6191-1191952423_thumb.png

See the GHOST.TIP file...

tipview2.zip

Better using the AMIGA or ST picture for this, instead of a 14 colour image. Or soeone may try to combine the better colours of the AMIGA Picture with the c64 image.

http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/4433/

I really would like to do so, but I'm a bit bored with the restrictions of G2F. For using up to 12 colours per scanline, the functions has to be there "as easy" as coding it on the real machine.

BTW, there was another attempt at Ghosts'n Goblins:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=6799

Programmed in Turbo Basic!

Very nice attempt!

Thanks, as I recall it was alot of work just to do one level. No fancy graphics tricks, just plain ol P/M graphics and redefined character sets. I loved playing the game in the arcades, but I never did win the game!

GK

> will it be a mono-game like jetpac? or will it be multicolour as gfx are got from Mame?

:-) it will be port of zx spectrum game (like jetpac) and i want to write game looks exectly like zxspectrum g&g.

> I think that in 2007 game conversions/port should be at least near C64's level, not ZX Spectrum

It's a matter of taste. i like zxspectrum games...

> will it be a mono-game like jetpac? or will it be multicolour as gfx are got from Mame?

:-) it will be port of zx spectrum game (like jetpac) and i want to write game looks exectly like zxspectrum g&g.

> I think that in 2007 game conversions/port should be at least near C64's level, not ZX Spectrum

It's a matter of taste. i like zxspectrum games...

Keep going near "Spectrum" . It's a good choice.

@TMR:

Thanks for the advice, i thought that C64 pic was the original.

@all

Well, the game won't have no sound at all. Xxl keeps on freeing memory by removing unusable stuff (e.g. key-redefining procedures and so on), so - we'll see...

Edited by miker

I for one will love to see these Spectrum titles on the A8! Regardless of anyones preference for or against the Spectrums hi-res graphics etc. it's a really fantastic achivement to reverse engineer the Z80 code from one platform and recreate it in 6502 for another. I'm surprised that XXL has not had more praise for his hard work. Pass on my B . I . G . respect from me anyway Miker I think it's awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing more develop ;)

No sound at all?

(...)

Will we get a nice G2F loading screen and Mark Cooksey's SID tune?

Oh well - like that? ;) (one minute mp3 sample - still beta!)

Btw. did you get my PM?

I like your approach with the Jetboy title screen music. And I hope you can do the same style with this tune.