IGNORED

BlogO - I must be crazy...Bombs Away

RSS Bot

I was looking through my local Craigslist listings and ran across somebody selling a "Bombs Away" video arcade game from 1976. It was made by Meadows.

It was missing the main circuit board, so didn't seem too interesting. I had a vague recollection of this machine from the bowling alley where I occasionally hung out when I was a kid. So, I did a little research at all the standard online arcade game databases and such. There is almost no information about this machine. The databases seem to know of the existence of the machine, but no actual instances of the machine seem to be recorded in anyone's collections.

Now it's getting interesting. I check out eBay and find no machines for sale, doesn't seem like any ever have been listed there, according to my Google search. I did happen to find in one of the eBay stores that somebody was selling a board for the Bombs Away machine. Okay, now I had to go check out the machine.

What a beat up piece of crap. The cabinet has seen better days. I was encouraged to see that other than the logic board, the machine was apparently complete, including the monitor and video circuitry.

They probably should have paid me to haul it off, but I handed them $40.00 and loaded it up. I bought the board from eBay on my cell phone while my buddy drove us back to our plant in his truck. The board comes with the "operators manual" which should contain significant technical information to bring this thing to life.

It might take me years...and with controls consisting solely of one button, how fun can it actually be?

blogentry-12370-1192132694_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132705_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132713_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132721_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132734_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132741_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132750_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-12370-1192132759_thumb.jpg

//

I'll probably try to sell of a few little things I have laying around to get money and space for this project. So, if you see me selling something, support your local psycho and buy it. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4006