IGNORED

ATARI 520 STE FACTORY TOS CHIP PROBLEM. HELP!

mons2b

Hi a while back I removed my tos chips from my 520 STE to see if they would work in an Atari Mega (German).

I now wish to put them back into the STE but I dont know which way round they go? How do I know which is the HIGH one and which is the LOW one? Also some of the pins were factory bent and I straightened them now I dont remember which ones to bend out!

HELP ME! :-(

Hi a while back I removed my tos chips from my 520 STE to see if they would work in an Atari Mega (German).

I now wish to put them back into the STE but I dont know which way round they go? How do I know which is the HIGH one and which is the LOW one? Also some of the pins were factory bent and I straightened them now I dont remember which ones to bend out!

HELP ME! :-(

Relax a bit. As long as you install the chips with the notch in the correct way you will be fine. All you will get is a white screen. Switch off and swap chips. Don't know about the pin issue. Was not aware of any pins left out!

The following link might help:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.at...e60ae126e8c591c

Edited by tjlazer