IGNORED

Crap Packaging !

pangasinan

Im sick and tired of people sending me boxed games in bloody bubble wrapped lined envelopes,every game i have received lately from my wins in Ebay have been sent that way, and the boxes are always crushed in transit.Dont people have brains !!!,surely your own brain tells you that there is a good chance of it getting crushed.I never send games that way,i always send games in a sturdy box.I have been sending some nasty messages lately to sellers that have been sending me there crap that way and they dont think it is an issue...WTF...some are even stupid enough to give me positive feedback AFTER me sending them messages complaining about it.

Enough is enough,from now on i will be giving negative feedback to anyone who sends my games that way. :x BE WARNED YE WHO DOETH THIS !!

I totally agree with you

but

1.there is an alternative to sturdy box (cos from Belgium it costs a lot more than an envelope), for exemple fold the box flat and put it between 2 layers of cardboard and put that with the cart in an bubble envelope

2.not everybody is thinking straight, so it is up to you, before or when you pay to insist for a box

Same thing in some shops, in Europe we have a "deluxe" pawn shops chain called Cash Convertor

and they have the most horrible price stickers, impossible to take off, leaving traces of glue,....

and you can be sure that on a cart they will put the price on the paper label and not on the back, destroying it completely if you want to take it off

and if you dare mentioning they look at you like......

I totally agree with you

but

1.there is an alternative to sturdy box (cos from Belgium it costs a lot more than an envelope), for exemple fold the box flat and put it between 2 layers of cardboard and put that with the cart in an bubble envelope

2.not everybody is thinking straight, so it is up to you, before or when you pay to insist for a box

Same thing in some shops, in Europe we have a "deluxe" pawn shops chain called Cash Convertor

and they have the most horrible price stickers, impossible to take off, leaving traces of glue,....

and you can be sure that on a cart they will put the price on the paper label and not on the back, destroying it completely if you want to take it off

and if you dare mentioning they look at you like......

Sometimes the insets of the box are glued in place so folding the box is not possible.

Hey it seems that cash converters do the same stupid thing worldwide, also in Australia they put the sticker on the label,but i just use a hairdryer to take it off.

About the only reason they ship that way is to save on the price they have to pay to ship the games, and to be able to pocket more of your "handling" cost.

I also hate this, and e-mail the sellers to see if they will ship in box's. If they say no, then I won't buy from them.

Tony

I just got a copy of Blue Stinger in the mail and it came in some thin a** plastic mailer. No bubble wrap inside just a flimsy plastic envelope. Granted I only paid $3 for shipping but at least a sturdy mailer would cost at most that much. I would have gladly paid $2 more to ship if it meant getting a box. I hear what you are saying and agree. That ranks right up their on my list with getting a game that says excellent working condition, and having a scratched up disc that skips half way through the first level!

I've had a few winners from bad packing area. Once I recieved a game console with a few foam peanuts in it. The console ended up in pieces :( Another time a lot of video games and carts were shipped in a brown paper bag. The bag arrived in shreds, nothing else inside it. :x And long ago someone sent me a Colecovision set in a very flimsy box with no packing, the console was crushed and broken in several places, both joysticks in pieces.

It's not just bad boxes, even USPS priority mail box are not immune from abuse if it's not packed safe;ly. I had a computer cabe shipped in one. The box was all but destroyed. The cable did come in thankfully.

Even if the sellers can't bother to buy foam peanuts or bubble wraps, newspaper usually works and it's very cheap or even free.

eBay has a seller rating that lists description accuracy, seller communication, S&H price, and shipping time. Why not include one for safe package? 5 stars if the package is well done and arrives safe, 1 star if the seller sent a rare and valuable game box in a plain envelope (not bubble padded) :o

I had a MIB Sega Genesis Mk2 sent to me not too long ago and it wasnt even packaged. The seller shipped it in bubble wrap taped to the Genesis box and the shipping label taped to the bubble wrap. The console's box came in tatters. It pissed me off. Seller got neg rep, and she retaliated with it too. Lol.

Oh boy wait till you hear this one. Friend of my won a boxed slim PS2 and three games off ebay. They arrive via priority shipping today and my friend called me about the package. The games were shrink wrapped together and this was all wrapped within a layer of clear packaging tape. Needless to say the game boxes were destroyed the and the tape pulled off 90% of the paper on the PS2 box. I have never seen negligence of this magnitude before. Filed a claim with Pay Pal since the seller claimed he would pack in a box and he charged $18.76 shipping. Just one of those are you f*cking serious moments I guess.

Edited by mnbren05