IGNORED

Connecting a Falcon to the 'Net

tjb

I recently acquired a Falcon and noticed during the boot process it loads a TCP/IP driver. Because of this and the fact it has a browser installed I'm sure it has been used to surf at some point. I was wondering what I need besides the software (i.e. cable and possibly hardware) to connect it? I realize the browser software is probably not going to be able to handle many sites but it would still be cool just to be able to do it. Thanks in advance.

tjb

Edited by tjb

I recently acquired a Falcon and noticed during the boot process it loads a TCP/IP driver. Because of this and the fact it has a browser installed I'm sure it has been used to surf at some point. I was wondering what I need besides the software (i.e. cable and possibly hardware) to connect it? I realize the browser software is probably not going to be able to handle many sites but it would still be cool just to be able to do it. Thanks in advance.

tjb

I use this solution: http://www.albersdoerfer.de/ethernet_atari.htm

of course you can start with a modem, just hook it to the com port and by using the appropriate program (as example ICONNECT or STING) you are surfing already.

Oh, by the way, higwire can handle LOTS of websites, just there isn't javascript support, and flash.

Adamas, does have javascript support, but I never used it, so I can't comment.

CAB has got the SSL layer, but is lacking CSS support