IGNORED

CGE - What clothes to bring?

Atari_Warlord

This is my first time going to this conference and need some advice on what type of clothes to bring. I need to pack as lightly as possible to leave room for items picked up at the show. :wink:

If anyone went last year, was it acceptable to wear shorts? Was the place super air conditioned as to make this option uncomfortable?

If you want to see what people were wearing at last year's show, take a look at these pictures. You'll see a great number of people wearing shorts, and nearly everyone wears t-shirts. While the conference hall is air conditioned, I don't remember it being uncomfortable, and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt as well. You'll appreciate that combination when you step outside into the brutal Las Vegas summer heat!

..Al

It's Las Vegas....

In Nevada....

In the desert....

In August.

Leave the parka at home. ;)

Seriously, I packed nothing but a couple of game-related t-shirts, a Hawaiian shirt or two and a few pairs of shorts. I used one carry-on for these items and everything I bought (which was a LOT) fit in it for the trip home. However, if you have a carry-on filled with video game carts and electronics, prepare to be stopped during the airport screening.

However, if you have a carry-on filled with video game carts and electronics, prepare to be stopped during the airport screening.

Ugh, what a nightmare that would be now. I'm sure in the past it was already rather strange for them to see a carry-on filled with classic gaming goodness, but now they must really give you a thorough examination. I'm glad I'm driving this year. :)

..Al

For those going by plane, if you are planning on buying alot of items here's my idea.

Pack and extra large duffel bag,

Go to wal-mart once your in vegas and buy a rubber maid bin that will fit in the duffel bag. ( you could also wait to buy the bag here).

place all your goodies in the bin and place the bin in the duffel bag.

This way all your precious goodies are safe from being crushed and you can check the bag.

Remember to buy a lock for the duffel bag, just to keep the bag handles honest.

However, if you have a carry-on filled with video game carts and electronics, prepare to be stopped during the airport screening.

Ugh, what a nightmare that would be now. I'm sure in the past it was already rather strange for them to see a carry-on filled with classic gaming goodness, but now they must really give you a thorough examination. I'm glad I'm driving this year. :)

..Al

I put my portable atari in my carry on They had no clue what it was. It was kind of funny! :)

• 5 months later...
For those going by plane, if you are planning on buying alot of items here's my idea.

Pack and extra large duffel bag,

Go to wal-mart once your in vegas and buy a rubber maid bin that will fit in the duffel bag. ( you could also wait to buy the bag here).

place all your goodies in the bin and place the bin in the duffel bag.

This way all your precious goodies are safe from being crushed and you can check the bag.

Remember to buy a lock for the duffel bag, just to keep the bag handles honest.

As of January 1st 2003, locking your luggage is no longer allowed, they WILL crack your lock open by force now. Besides that, great idea ! :)

• 2 weeks later...