IGNORED

Worth of this collection

ndary

Whatever someones willing to pay : )

Seriously I dont know. Im terrible at that. What I know is when Im buying, the start price is strangely higher than what Im offered when Im selling. :D

I guess thats why we have negotiations in our vocabulary.

Anyhow, if youre selling any, let me know, I need a few of those Boxed games to finish off my boxed 7800 collection and if you are selling, I call dibs on Fatal Run as Ive been outbid on that game at every turn. Thanks Steve :P

So if you are selling. Please PM me, otherwise, Nice collection. Cheers

Phantom is spot on there for it is all down to market physics of who wants it and how badly. Prices fluctuate and in the Uk a few years ago you were hard pushed to give a 7800 away. Now it is anyones guess but you may get lucky and find someone who really wants a nice looking collection like that ;)

Phantom is spot on there for it is all down to market physics of who wants it and how badly. Prices fluctuate and in the Uk a few years ago you were hard pushed to give a 7800 away. Now it is anyones guess but you may get lucky and find someone who really wants a nice looking collection like that ;)

I think Fox is the 1st one to agree with me in 3 months lol! I like Fox.... smart guy he is! He just may be my favorite AA member! Thanks for agreeing with me Fox, now Im heading to bed before someone else comes in and starts crap with me lol!! J/K Goodluck with the collection.

I think Fox is the 1st one to agree with me in 3 months lol! I like Fox.... smart guy he is! He just may be my favorite AA member! Thanks for agreeing with me Fox, now Im heading to bed before someone else comes in and starts crap with me lol!! J/K Goodluck with the collection.

Phantom thanks for the praise. You are a smart guy too and guys like us need to stick together. Dont worry about the crap for a lot of people on here are full of it so expect some discharge from time to time :D ;)

The two clamshells (Double Dragon and Titlematch Wrestling) should be PAL though...

Yep your right. the clamshells where NEVER sold with NTSC carts in them.

they where bout in the US, but i will test them again tonight to confirm if they are PAL or NTSC...

Today i tested the two clamshells (Double Dragon and Titlematch Wrestling) games on an NTSC 7800 machine.

Double Dragon works and playes well.. Titlematch does not boot.. does it mean its PAL?

I dont have an 7800 Pal machine to test

Ndary

Today i tested the two clamshells (Double Dragon and Titlematch Wrestling) games on an NTSC 7800 machine.

Double Dragon works and playes well.. Titlematch does not boot.. does it mean its PAL?

I dont have an 7800 Pal machine to test

Ndary

Hell perhaps I should put a bid on your Double Dragon for I have owned no less than four and none of the damn things have ever worked. They are the only game for the 7800 that I have yet to play for I cant even get it to work on emulation. Congrats ;)

I also call PAL since Tank Command and Mean 18 I think are the only ones he is missing. Was there an Impossible Mission in there?

I have only 2 7800 carts that didn't work. Once many years ago..around 89 or so...I had a Tomcat that lasted for about 2 weeks and then just wouldn't boot up anymore. The next was years later when I got a scrapyard dog for $5 at the flea market. That cart would only show the title screen and then give me graphic garbage with locked tones...kinda like what happens when you pull the carts out with the power on. That was why I initially converted my 7800 into a dumper so that I could dump some of the carts I had that AA didn't have in the database yet, and to see what was up with scrapyard dog. Turns out it was a bum cart.

Anyway, the point of this was that I learned years later from CPUWIZ I believe, that many of the Activision and Absolute entertainment 7800 carts are in fact EPROMs and if you look at the cart you will see the 74sl inverter right in the center about a centimeter from the cart contacts. That means that many of these production 7800 carts are likely to eventually die to bit rot.

I also call PAL since Tank Command and Mean 18 I think are the only ones he is missing. Was there an Impossible Mission in there?

Do you mean Title Match or the whole collection?

I say definitely NTSC, the box for the 7800 is an NTSC box, depicting the Pro lines, and the smaller rainbow on the top case.

• 2 weeks later...