IGNORED

VGXPO roll call

Duke 4ever

I'll be there but like most others, I'm hoping that theres enough classic stuff and vendors there. I hate the idea of a huge place with some vendors that don't even have to do with games (i.e. Subaru).

Oh well, Its the only expo I can afford to go to. So might as well make the best of it.

Hi Folks! It's been a good while since I last posted, but I wanted to say hello before the big show.

So here goes the pitch... Over 45 companies will be at VGXPO (we're 90% sold out), and I want to let you know that while the show has grown to include more modern gaming, classic games will be at the show. Please know, we've invited Digital Press to be at the show and they are attending. In addition, there will be a few other retro groups at the show, including Vidiotopia.

Here is the hard truth... We do not know if Atari Age will be at the show, we've invited Al, but he has not let us know if he'll be there. If Atari Age wants it, we are giving Atari Age a booth - but Al needs to let us know ASAP. If you have a chance to talk with him, please ask him to call us. We want you guys to be at the show, and please know, there are NO fees for you to be there. Atari Age is my first retro fan site, I love you guys - I hope you can be at the show.

None the less, there is less then a week to the show and we can only hope AA comes to the event. I am a HUGE fan of your site and I am a HUGE retro gamers - and there is no reason that you should think otherwise. Sure, there are a few folks out there that don't want VGXPO to include modern and retro games, but the truth is, a game show today needs both.

So, I've said this before, VGXPO is all about gamers, retro and modern. I am, and so are my employees, Retro fans, but we also like modern gaming. What's more, VGXPO needs to include both modern and classic gaming to make it. VGXPO is not just about making money, but let's face it there are 4 full time employees, and we need to be able to make rent, buy food and have a little fun on the side.

If you think we're all corporate, you're wrong. All of us, in our adult lives have had to live through hard times. All of us are normal people. All of us have had to ender things that were life changing. All of us have had a time in our life were we missed bills and had to pay late fees. All of us are like you - we're normal people that want to do good things. VGXPO is our vision of what a gaming expo should be - an event that mixes all games, classic and modern, into an awesome event.

In any case, we want to give Atari Age and Digital Press members more reason to be at the show, and I want to give you all a huge discount to the event. If you email me (or Dave), we'll send you a web-link that gives you $10 weekend passes to VGXPO, just let us know via email (with your AA or DP account name) by this Wednesday. In addition, if you want to help us out with the show as a volunteer we still need help. By volunteering you'll be providing a great asset. As a vol at VGXPO you'll get a great t-shirt, free access to the show, access to some great people in the industry, and many thanks from us. Let us know if you're interested in helping out.

Thanks,

Ed

edfleming@vgxpo.com

Edited by ed_fleming