IGNORED

Broke down and bought one

raindog151

costco had a deal for the 80gig/motorstorm with an extra controller and remote control so i broke down and picked one up. between losing BC in the new models and the free movie deal, i feel okay with it.

so of the PS3 exclusives, which should i pick up? resistance seems alight. any other recommendations?

Edited by raindog151

costco had a deal for the 80gig/motorstorm with an extra controller and remote control so i broke down and picked one up. between losing BC in the new models and the free movie deal, i feel okay with it.

so of the PS3 exclusives, which should i pick up? resistance seems alight. any other recommendations?

Heavenly Sword is fun.

People seem to like Warhawk, if you like online games.

Everyday Shooter is getting some good word of mouth and it's only $10 on PSN.

Folklore got a great score on IGN (but a lesser one on GameSpot).

Have you looked at the PlayStation Store? There are tons of demos there now.

Isn't the 80gig model only has software emulation of PS2 titles? With the new model doing away BC completely, I doubt Sony would even update the software emu. You should have bought the 60 gig model, and it is getting harder to find.

I'd have to agree, the 60G is probably the best of all of them. But remember the 20G? The one without the chrome faceplate? It had a smaller hardrive and a few other things stripped down (pretty minor) but still had the PS2 chip in it. That was a more affordable deal.

If that's the case, then Raindog must be an Xbox 360!

Er, anyway. I'm no fan of the Playstation 3 but I've been keeping tabs on the new Ratchet and Clank, and it looks pretty sweet. There's a high-definition video review of the game on Screw Attack that's utterly breathtaking. If you like third person shooters with a little bit of platforming and a whole lot of alien blasting, definitely get yourself a copy.

Spend $10 on Super Stardust HD download. It's awesome! Especially if you have a 1080p or 720p HDTV.

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection a great buy for $20 download.

Hevenly Sword is excellent but too short.

Ratchet & CLank I've only played the demo but from what they've shown us I think it's worth it.

Warhawk is great but they are constantly having problems keeping the stats working right which is ridiculous for an online game. They are incredibly understaffed. I'd say hold off until they get their crap together.

Hot Shots Golf 5 is the best golf game ever. It's currently only available as a Japaneese import (Minna No Golf 5). Excellent online play and terrific gameplay all-around. This is the game I bought my PS3 for back in June.

Folklore is hit or miss with people. I like it. Download the demo and see if it's your kind of game.

Lair is incredibly bad. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Probably the most overhyped game since 2600 pacman.

Lair is incredibly bad. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Probably the most overhyped game since 2600 pacman.

I've played a lot of bad games, and Lair is not one of them. The control issue that always comes up has more to do with the person playing than with the controller or it's implementation in the game.

I've played a lot of bad games, and Lair is not one of them. The control issue that always comes up has more to do with the person playing than with the controller or it's implementation in the game.

I disagree. The game is piss poor. It would have been decent if they didn't insist on the sixaxis.

I disagree. The game is piss poor. It would have been decent if they didn't insist on the sixaxis.

Is that after you actually tried to play it or do you just dislike motion controls in general? You have played it right? Everyone that has tried it on my PS3 has gotten used to the sensitivity pretty quickly. Granted, that is only 3 other people, but none of them had problems with the motion controls.

Re: Lair

It's not that I could not "get used to the sensitivity" of the controls. The game sucks. I traded it in after playing it for about 10-12 hours, of which I found myself forcing myself to play it to try and get my money's worth out of it. The game looked beautiful but I'm all about the gameplay, and if a game isn't fun to play, that kills it for me right there. I really wanted to like this game. I really tried hard to find a reason to keep it in my game library. The nice looking-but annoying cinematics that would interrupt gameplay every 90 seconds were not reason enough to reserve a spot for this lemon. There just isn't anything fun about this game. We can agree to disagree on this one.

Isn't the 80gig model only has software emulation of PS2 titles? With the new model doing away BC completely, I doubt Sony would even update the software emu. You should have bought the 60 gig model, and it is getting harder to find.

That's basically the only reason I picked a PS3 up as early as I did...backwards compatibility (yes, it matters).

Re: Lair

It's not that I could not "get used to the sensitivity" of the controls. The game sucks. I traded it in after playing it for about 10-12 hours, of which I found myself forcing myself to play it to try and get my money's worth out of it. The game looked beautiful but I'm all about the gameplay, and if a game isn't fun to play, that kills it for me right there. I really wanted to like this game. I really tried hard to find a reason to keep it in my game library. The nice looking-but annoying cinematics that would interrupt gameplay every 90 seconds were not reason enough to reserve a spot for this lemon. There just isn't anything fun about this game. We can agree to disagree on this one.

If you got over 10 hours of play out of it, how bad could it have been? It couldn't have been pure masochism --- the going rate for a dominatrix to whip you is a whole lot more than six bucks an hour, trust me .... :ponder:

L A I R is geeky, pompous, and goofy to control. I borrowed it from a friend because I don't want to waste $60 on it. It's very, very average in quality, but it's also very different from anything else right now. It's nowhere near the suck-fest that people make it out to be.

L A I R is geeky, pompous, and goofy to control. I borrowed it from a friend because I don't want to waste $60 on it. It's very, very average in quality, but it's also very different from anything else right now. It's nowhere near the suck-fest that people make it out to be.

I'm glad to hear this. I had pre-ordered it because I got it $10 off but won't be breaking out the PS3 until Xmas so I haven't played it yet. I was hoping it wasn't as terrible as some folks are making it out. I guess in the end it all boils down to personal opinion though. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

If you got over 10 hours of play out of it, how bad could it have been?

I wanted to get something for my $60 (besides $25 towards another game) before trading it in. I really wanted to like it, and tried to give it a chance, and at the end I was just forcing myself to play it for those reasons. I still have the stupid strat guide too, which I am going to give to a friend.