IGNORED

any one live in toronto with games for sale?

chromizone

i just got into atari and am looking to buy... if there is anyone in the toronto area or the pickering ajax oshawa area with a bunch of atari games or any atari stuff (systems 2600 , 2600 vader version , 2600 jr, 5200, or even 7800 or excesseries ie: games weird controllers hook ups) im looking for anything and i dont want to have to pay for shipping and crap id like to be able to pick it up... withing a driving distance of corse so if any one has anything for sale please let me know thanx :D :D :D

I think the first thing to do is get the phone book and look under video games.

I was in that area at the begining of the month and went to a bunch of thrifts and didn't find a thing. Although the thrifts are the best place to start to find stuff cheap.

You can also check out ebay. Just don't pay too much.

you can also check out the marketplace on this board to see if anyone has something for sale.

well like i said im really intrested in just about anything and i even mean some of the other systems but im not looking for anything in paticular except for paddel controllers for 2600 and pong, kaboom ,atari circus but other then that im looking for EVERYTHING so please list what u have systems controllers games give me the run down and il tell u if im intrested

Yeah.. definately... I still need that title.

If you'd like, why don't you pick out some games that have a total value about the same as the Busy Police cart, and I'll make that trade with you the next time I'm in Toronto (which should be in about a week and a half)

Cheers,

KA

mvigor,

That collection database webapp is really great!  Where did you get the database that has all of the manufacturers, titles, part numbers, etc.?

Also, how does the database table design handle variations?

Very cool!    :)

Thank you! :)

I made that database application and am still working on getting the user interface done so that I can let you all use it too. The multiple user function works fine, but the UI and input-checking is taking time. I also have not included data on games that I do not plan to collect. I would have to go back and add all of that in too.

I recreated the data using my collection as a starting point, an old VGR list

and looking up things at AA to fill in the rest.

The main database table tracks for each game whether there EXISTS a cart, manual, box, overlays and/or hardware.

Each user has two personal database tables, one which tracks whether they HAVE the EXISTING parts for each game, and a different table which can have one or multiple entries for each game--which is how variations are handled.

Take another look at my game list, at such games as Space Invaders. You will see that I have four different label variations. These are counted as four in the cart total but as one in the unique game total.

id like to do that but your paying 10$ for the loose version of the game and mine has box and the slip so wouldent i be able to get a bit more???? :P :P oh and im not in downtown toronto im kinda outside the area in the oshawa pickering ajax area and i wont be around in a week and a half il be on holidays srry but i am still very intrested so e-mail me my e-mail is crash_over_ri8@hotmail.com if not just post back here thanx alot man

Yeah.. I'd give more in trade for the complete one.. like I said, we can work something out.

I actually won't be in the GTA for atleast another 9 or 10 days, so there's no rush on any of this. I understand if you get offers for the game between now and then and wish to trade it instead.

Cheers,

KA

i found 8 games im really intrested that u have they are as follows asteroids(atari version)

circus atari (atari version)

frogger(parker bros)

kaboom(activision)

mario bros (atari version)

pac-man (atari version)

and star wars empire strikes back (parker bros)

star wars jedi arena (parker bros)

im not saying ud want to trade all of theese but i dont know what a busy police with box and slip is actuly worth please post back

i might also be intrested in one of theese babies ( a coleco vision that is) or the 7200 but i dont want to deal with money to much and i know u wouldent trade a system just for one game so il list the games i have for u and u let me know what your intrested in that i have (if anything of corse)

oscars trash race (loose)

donkey kong (loose)

defender(loose)

phoenix(loose)

pitfall (loose)

donkey kong jr (red box+book)

kung fu master (box+book)

MS pac-man (box+book)

stargate (box+book)

freeway(zellers box+book)

commando (box+book)

ocean city defender (zellers box+book)

please post me back if you'v got any intrest aat all in anything other then busy police and if not then il just worry about figuring out how much busy police is worth to u umm but dont worry i kinda plan on trading it to u instead of selling it to some one else after all its not money im after its more atari stuff lol.. please post back

- Cheers