IGNORED

French 7800

krupkaj

I have just got French 7800 with SCART cable, I have realized that the console has DIN 13 connector - the same as Atari ST. I would like to build S-video cable. Do anybody know pinout of this 7800 video out? I do not think it is the same as the ST has RGB output.

It unfortunately does not have either the S-Video or composite signal on the connector, only RGB. The pinout is very similar to the ST 13 pin din connector but not identical. I don't have the pinout available right now but I'll try to dig it up.

Mitch

Thanks a lot. It looks like there is not the composite output. Whats a pity. Interesing is that I have found the RGB output from this machine is not as good as S-video moded 2600.

Interesting, on mine the RGB picture blows away S-Video. Maybe your unit is damaged or something. :ponder:

On second thought, have you tried it with a different screen/monitor?

Mitch

It has RGB conversion from from MARIA. There is missing RF modulator and in that space is huge board with some SONY chip. I will make a photo tomorrow.

Sweet Thanks! Looked a bit online and in the archives. There is a PAL 7800 schematic here on Atari Age but it has the RF modulator. I doubt that Sony chip is still in production tho :|

Dunno what that middle board does :?

Looks like I am in the market for a French Atari 7800 later down the road tho :D

Looks like they took the Video feed for the RF and converted it from there. To bad there isn't a schematic on the internet for this.

Thanks for the pictures by the way.