IGNORED

SCUMM VM?

Marius

Hi Folks,

On the SCUMM VM Site I see there is an Atari version (68020 and up... never heard of an 68020 atari but ok)....

Will this work on my Falcon 030 (ok this has an 68030), and does it work GOOD. Or is it extremely slow?

Might be interesting to add some new games to my Falcon 030 with this Scumm VM.

I'm very interested in user reports.

Thanks

Marius

Hi Folks,

On the SCUMM VM Site I see there is an Atari version (68020 and up... never heard of an 68020 atari but ok)....

The 030 is almost the same as the 020. That's why it's referenced like that.

Will this work on my Falcon 030 (ok this has an 68030), and does it work GOOD. Or is it extremely slow?

Thanks

Marius

Yes, it will work on your falcon, provided you don't have a stock falcon :). I'm not sure but I think that it needs MiNT to function properly, and, mainly, a 040/060 CPU. I have a ct63 clocked at 90mhz and DOTT runs quite nicely on that. I didn't even tried running it on plain 030.

Hi,

the official scummVM port for atari, available at scummvm.org needs a very fast machine to run, but it provides excellent compatiblity, works stable and has many features. Very fast means, depending on the game you want to run, a ct60 or Milan would be fine, at least if you want to have music, sfx and speech in the game.

On Patrice Mandins website, you´ll find an unofficial port which works fine on my falcon with phantom accelerator (030 with 25 MHz), a little slow, but good playable.

For the official port, MiNT is suggested if you want to have any sound, as routines won´t work with Magic and TOS, yet.

Patrices Port does run under single tos, what makes it a little faster on slower machines.

Indeed there´s no official atari with 68020, but some accelerators did use it (pak2), so compiling it for those makes sense...

Best regards,

Christian

Hi Folks,

The 030 is almost the same as the 020. That's why it's referenced like that.

Thanks

Marius

Yes, it will work on your falcon, provided you don't have a stock falcon :). I'm not sure but I think that it needs MiNT to function properly, and, mainly, a 040/060 CPU. I have a ct63 clocked at 90mhz and DOTT runs quite nicely on that. I didn't even tried running it on plain 030.