IGNORED

Two new Wii channels heading our way (gonintendo.com)

8th lutz

http://gonintendo.com/?p=28145

This is a strange little addition for the Wii. Satoru Iwata announced that you’ll soon be able to purchase Wii VC games for friends. You make the purchase and send it over to a friend. Your friend gets a message letting them know that you’ve bought a game for them. This is all done via the Wii Shop channel. The gift of giving for the holiday season…how sweet.

The second channel is…wait for it…a TV schedule channel. Basically it is an interactive guide to help you plan out your TV watching schedule. I can’t tell how much more there is to it because of the crazy Google translation. This channel is due out Spring 2008 in Japan.

I brought up the first channel on this thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;#entry1395273. I see people buying this channel. This is great for birthday gifts or christmas gifts.

The 2nd channel is lame to me. I don't see a lot of people using their wii channel points for this.

the tv channel maybe ok if its interactive enough share your viewing prefs with other wii owners or be able to use it with a networked connected TiVo but if its just a program guide then yeah lame can just access the tons of online guides through the Internet channel