IGNORED

WOW 18,000 for Atlantis II

thevnaguy

No one will pay 10k for a Music Machine. It was a retail release. Sure its rare but those in the hunt expect others to pop up over time. They may be wrong but they can't risk spending 10k only to see another found and selling for half the price.

As for Video Life the copies are MINT and NEW which is part of it. There is a known print run (less than Atlantis II or just about any other game) of 20 or 50 or some crazy low number. The big stash has been found and one or two may be found but they won't be in new condition.

I have to say you do have a point about retail release games. Games that are not retail released really should command a higher value.

So does marco have the one from Sommerack or does he have the 3rd?

Marco has the one from W. Sommerwerck.

I'd pay ~$800 for a A2 in homer's condition.

The big stash has been found and one or two may be found but they won't be in new condition.

The big stash of 6. LOL

The big stash has been found and one or two may be found but they won't be in new condition.

The big stash of 6. LOL

For someone who is a major detractor of the game I am actually honored that you personally would pay so much for my Atlantis II. :)

The big stash of 6. LOL

So is there a 3rd PGP-1?

Well 6 might not sound like alot but for a NEW R10 game it was. The point I was trying to make was that the stash was already found not YET to be found. Chances are most of the R10 games will have other copies surface but when it comes to Video Life most copies have already been accounted for. It may seem less rare now but as time goes on the numbers of other will rise faster than the numbers of Video Life.

Atlantis II is rare in part because it doesn't have a different label. A loose Atlantis II could pop up in an auction and we would not know it.

This happens all the time in our hobby. Complete Music Machine,complete Lochjaw,complete Eli's Ladder,complete Video Life even Pepsi Invaders had a dry spell.

The above games are worth more to me than Atlantis II.

Well to each his own. I am just happy that you are into the Atari 2600. And by the way a CIB, Video lIfe, Eli's Ladder, and Pepsi Invaders are all awesome items to have. :)

Atlantis II is rare in part because it doesn't have a different label. A loose Atlantis II could pop up in an auction and we would not know it.

I think that is actually an awesome thing about an Atlantis II. You can buy what looks like a regular Atlantis cart and end up with the golden ticket. As far as I know it has not happened that way but it would be awesome if it did.

The big stash of 6. LOL

So is there a 3rd PGP-1?

Well 6 might not sound like alot but for a NEW R10 game it was. The point I was trying to make was that the stash was already found not YET to be found. Chances are most of the R10 games will have other copies surface but when it comes to Video Life most copies have already been accounted for. It may seem less rare now but as time goes on the numbers of other will rise faster than the numbers of Video Life.

Another thing about the Music Machine/Video Life thing is there are also many many loose Music Machines out there, I know the CIB one is still ultra rare but it detracts from the rarity a little when there is so many loose ones. Not so much for Video Life, loose or complete that game is rare and always will be.

I'm just waiting to find an old Christian Bookstore that has a nice MM sitting on a shelf for $29.99 shrinkwrapped, or a Church Garage sale would be nice :ponder:

Homer,

Whether you sell on Ebay or off Ebay, whether you email every single person in the world offering to sell them this cart, you will not get more than $1,500 for it.

Since you have 2 and you appear like you want to sell 1, I don't know why you don't put it up for sale properly, whether you offer it privately on these forums (there are serious buyers here that would pay top dollar for it) or on Ebay (if its as valuabale as you think it is you should do well).

The big stash of 6. LOL

So is there a 3rd PGP-1?

Another thing about the Music Machine/Video Life thing is there are also many many loose Music Machines out there, I know the CIB one is still ultra rare but it detracts from the rarity a little when there is so many loose ones. Not so much for Video Life, loose or complete that game is rare and always will be.

I'm just waiting to find an old Christian Bookstore that has a nice MM sitting on a shelf for $29.99 shrinkwrapped, or a Church Garage sale would be nice :ponder:

I think you have a pretty good point there. I think Video Life will always have a special place in Atari 2600 lore. And good luck with that search to find the sealed music machine. That would be a find in itself if it happens.

Homer,

Whether you sell on Ebay or off Ebay, whether you email every single person in the world offering to sell them this cart, you will not get more than $1,500 for it.

Since you have 2 and you appear like you want to sell 1, I don't know why you don't put it up for sale properly, whether you offer it privately on these forums (there are serious buyers here that would pay top dollar for it) or on Ebay (if its as valuabale as you think it is you should do well).

Well I disagree I think I can get more for it. Of course you disagree. Unfortunately your statement and my statement is not fact it is speculation. I am happy that because you felt that way you did not sell your Atlantis II cart for the full $2,500 to decypher even though that is what he was offering. I really thought that was cool of you. :)

Edited by homerwannabee

Nobody said it yet, so here. :ponder:

Tell me who is beating the dead horse. :ponder: CPUWIZ please read the last few posts that I have made. Have I really tried to continue to defend the A2 cart. :ponder: I actually trying to turn negative post to positive posts. What is wrong with that. Tell me do I not have a right to respond if someone is attacking me. Just think about that for a second. I have really tried to put my best face forward. You are an awesome collector and it hurts me when you make a post like that. I really respect as a person. And I think you are awesome for this community. But I feel disrespected that I am somehow don't matter when you do that. All I ask from you is tolerance and I am not getting this. I may not have your respect but please at least give me some tolerance.

Thank You

Have I really tried to continue to defend the A2 cart. :ponder:

I guess not in the last 37 minutes. :ponder:

Well I disagree I think I can get more for it.

:ponder:

I am just teasing you anyway, although your attempt to insult Adam was pathetic. You will never have a collection like his (yes, Atari 2600 items), in your entire life, even if you win the lottery. Do you have any rare carts left in your collection, or did you sell all but 2 or 3? :P

BTW, if you read Adam's posts here on the board, you'd have known about the Coke Wins cart. ;)

You should do a poll on who owns a CIB Lochjaw sometime. :P

Homer,

I would personally take the sticker off, put it on a box and make a complete Atlantis 2 with the box and sell the nekid one for $500. I also don't really care that much just bored watching my Wife play Guitar Hero (which is awesome BTW) and feel like typing I guess :)

Have I really tried to continue to defend the A2 cart. :ponder:

I guess not in the last 37 minutes. :ponder:

Well I disagree I think I can get more for it.

:ponder:

I am just teasing you anyway, although your attempt to insult Adam was pathetic. You will never have a collection like his (yes, Atari 2600 items), in your entire life, even if you win the lottery. Do you have any rare carts left in your collection, or did you sell all but 2 or 3? :P

BTW, if you read Adam's posts here on the board, you'd have known about the Coke Wins cart. ;)

You should do a poll on who owns a CIB Lochjaw sometime. :P

Well, at this point in the thread. My words are now fuel for the fire. The context of my words will be ignored just fuel for the fire. Thank you this has been a painful learning experience on the way society operates. Personally I have no problem if someone wants to put up a Video Life or a Eli's Ladder or whatever for whatever price. It is their cart it is their game. Let them do with it what they chose. Live and let live. I will stop now because I am tired of adding fuel to the fire. Remember I only wanted to originally correct what Zack was saying about the offers. Remember folks. Never go against a group by yourself. And if you accidentely do be sure to stop while you are behind. Because the more you respond no matter what you say the more fuel that will be added to the fire. I will now stop. Post whatever you want because I will not respond to this thread anymore.

P.S. I should of looked at the Atariage post BuyAtari had that was my fault.

Edited by homerwannabee

Nobody said it yet, so here. :ponder:

CPUWIZ, we've figured out your auto Atlantis II posting Homerbot. You can turn it off now. Really. Please! :P

Remember folks. Never go against the group by yourself. And if you accidentely do be sure to stop while you are behind. Because the more you respond no matter what you say the more fuel that will be added to the fire. I will now stop. Post whatever you want because I will not respond to this thread anymore.

Dude, if you think people are railing on you because you have this fantastic socially contrary opinion on something, you're even more delusional than you already appear. PEOPLE JUST WANT THE ENDLESS AII POSTS TO STOP.

I've got some really rare things. Some so rare that I can't even talk about them. I don't post about them constantly, therefore people don't get annoyed at me. I'm very glad you have an AII and it gives you all kinds of warm fuzzies, we just don't need to hear about it every ten seconds in threads all over the place.

Edited by remowilliams

I would personally take the sticker off, put it on a box and make a complete Atlantis 2 with the box and sell the nekid one for $500. I also don't really care that much just bored watching my Wife play Guitar Hero (which is awesome BTW) and feel like typing I guess :)

I dunno. To me that is now part of that cart's history and the label belongs stuck on it. Who know's if Don Clark was the original owner, but probably. I't be cool if one day he somehow contacted the community and was like yeah that was my old cart. I stuck the label on the back when I was a kid.

I'm very glad you have an AII and it gives you all kinds of warm fuzzies, we just don't need to hear about it every ten seconds in threads all over the place.

I think you just hit it on the head. It has nothing to do with going against the crowd, it's more just like a CD thats scratched and is stuck in a loop. Everytime you bring up your AII it always seems the thread ends up spiraling like this. Don't get me wrong Homer I like you and everything it's just an observation of how these threads go.

Now who wants to talk about Zellers? :P

LOL

Now who wants to talk about Zellers? :P

I hate Zellers, for two reasons!

1.) I am missing way too many.

2.) The boxes suck, they have no print on the spine. :x

I agree. Please never start collecting those.

Too late, I already have a line of red-boxes on my shelf, which all look the same. :P I think I sold all the loose ones I had.

Seriously though, what were they thinking? Would you rather look at picture A or B?

boring.jpg

notboring.jpg