IGNORED

WOW 18,000 for Atlantis II

thevnaguy

Would you rather look at picture A or B?

Just had to flaunt the sealed Out of Control, eh? :roll: :D

Didn't you hear about the accident at the factory where some Out of Controls were replaced with E.T.? But you just don't know until you open that game... :ponder:

;)

(And weighing it won't reveal anything because of the extra manuals, nyah nyah nyah :P )

Now who wants to talk about Zellers? :P

I hate Zellers, for two reasons!

1.) I am missing way too many.

2.) The boxes suck, they have no print on the spine. :x

I agree. Please never start collecting those.

Too late, I already have a line of red-boxes on my shelf, which all look the same. :P I think I sold all the loose ones I had.

Seriously though, what were they thinking? Would you rather look at picture A or B?

Option B....I forgot your OOC is sealed, you could probably get $19,000 for it if you ever sell...

Seriously though, not sure how much room you have but you could do a bfstats style wall with just the zellers stuff :ponder: Not sure if it's worth doing all that for Zellers though :P or you could collect them loose...sorry I'll just stop :D

That is actually a factory sealed one, not re-sealed. :P I don't know anyone who has one, hmm, maybe it's worth $18000.00? :ponder:

What's the blue box?

8-in-1 pirate multicart, the purple one is a 64-in-1 from the same people.

Didn't you hear about the accident at the factory where some Out of Controls were replaced with E.T.? But you just don't know until you open that game... :ponder:

;)

(And weighing it won't reveal anything because of the extra manuals, nyah nyah nyah :P )

I thought it was combat?

So does marco have the one from Sommerack or does he have the 3rd?

Marco has the one from W. Sommerwerck.

I'd pay ~$800 for a A2 in homer's condition.

The big stash has been found and one or two may be found but they won't be in new condition.

The big stash of 6. LOL

So is there a 3rd PGP-1?

Well 6 might not sound like alot but for a NEW R10 game it was. The point I was trying to make was that the stash was already found not YET to be found. Chances are most of the R10 games will have other copies surface but when it comes to Video Life most copies have already been accounted for. It may seem less rare now but as time goes on the numbers of other will rise faster than the numbers of Video Life.

Atlantis II is rare in part because it doesn't have a different label. A loose Atlantis II could pop up in an auction and we would not know it.

Another thing about the Music Machine/Video Life thing is there are also many many loose Music Machines out there, I know the CIB one is still ultra rare but it detracts from the rarity a little when there is so many loose ones. Not so much for Video Life, loose or complete that game is rare and always will be.

I'm just waiting to find an old Christian Bookstore that has a nice MM sitting on a shelf for $29.99 shrinkwrapped, or a Church Garage sale would be nice :ponder:

I think you have a pretty good point there. I think Video Life will always have a special place in Atari 2600 lore. And good luck with that search to find the sealed music machine. That would be a find in itself if it happens.

Homer,

Whether you sell on Ebay or off Ebay, whether you email every single person in the world offering to sell them this cart, you will not get more than $1,500 for it.

Since you have 2 and you appear like you want to sell 1, I don't know why you don't put it up for sale properly, whether you offer it privately on these forums (there are serious buyers here that would pay top dollar for it) or on Ebay (if its as valuabale as you think it is you should do well).

Well I disagree I think I can get more for it. Of course you disagree. Unfortunately your statement and my statement is not fact it is speculation. I am happy that because you felt that way you did not sell your Atlantis II cart for the full $2,500 to decypher even though that is what he was offering. I really thought that was cool of you. :)

Hehehe. :D My point is, if you think you can get more for it then sell it and prove it. You have another already with the docs, so there is no reason for you to hold onto this one.

The only person I know of who's been looking for this cart is Palmer Eldritch, and I don't even know if he's still looking for one of if he's in the position to buy it right now, financially or otherwise. If you want to sell it, offer it to him...but I can tell you he's not going to pay anywhere near what you're asking, nor is any other sane person on this planet.

Good call. :cool:

I *am* still in the market for Atlantis II as a matter of fact, but whenever I see one of these excessive BIN´s, I get the feeling the seller and I aren´t going to reach an agreement anytime soon.

Good call. :cool:

I *am* still in the market for Atlantis II as a matter of fact, but whenever I see one of these excessive BIN´s, I get the feeling the seller and I aren´t going to reach an agreement anytime soon.

18,000 USD eller 18,000 DKK...han har kraniebrud. :!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130170994943

At the risk of reigniting this thread into something less than beneficial, why is this information included in the auction description?

Here is a list of the 13 carts and the people who are known to have them at the moment.

1.5th Ghost: Cart, Box, Original contest Docs. (got this from a guy a long time ago on Ebay who got his a few weeks earlier from the original owner also on Ebay)

2.Decypher: Cart (Got his from Dino who go his from Bloated monkey. Bloated Monkey got his 2 carts he had from Ebay)

3.Wonder 007: Cart ( probably was BuyAtari's) .

4.Meanguns:Cart, Original contest docs (Was original contestant)

5.Ed Siegler: Cart, (Not too sure where he got his from)

6. Myself: Cart, Box sticker (Got from Video Game Addict who got his off Ebay)

7. Myself: Cart, Original contest docs (Got from original owner off ebay)

8. Rick Weis: Cart, Box, ( Not to sure of where he got his from?)

9. Bloated Monkey: cart

10. Mr. Mystery/Mark Sumner:Cart, Box, original docs,Most complete of anyones. (Mysterious person that Wonder007 vagely mentioned in a couple of posts . Probably the same guy as Mark Sumner)

11. Ianoid: Cart,Has the box but no sticker, (Got his from FND)

12. Zeitshabba: Cart (Got his from solow_rider)

13. David Park: Cart, Box, (Got his from his Uncle who was an original contestant)

xx. Ataridolemite: Box, original Docs. (Original contestant) Does not have cart.

xx. Box and sticker floating around the internet.(Probably 5th Ghost's)

Yes I was wondering that too. I can tell you since I am on that list I am not all that happy about it. There is NO reason to put us out there like that. If you wanted to make a point list how many are known. You dont need to put the owners out there too.

you're going to be really famous!

post-5874-1194394706_thumb.jpg

Homer, why did you list the names? It's one thing to list how many carts are known to exist and another to have my(yours, anyones) name attached to that list and plastered on eBay. If I was one of the owners I'd be pissed right now. Shit like this is why people don't come forward saying they have rare carts.

Another thing is at least one of those people on that list is full of shit about his cart and his docs etc, and I don't want to mention his name as he'll just come back and this thread will go down the gutter. I certainly don't believe his cart is real but every Joe Blow on eBay will now if he trys to sell again.

I don't really appreciate my name being on that list either. What is the point of putting the other people that own it. I guess we should put out a list of all of the people that own, say, Pac Man. I am telling you, a hack like Atlantis II will not go for more than $1300 in my opinion. In fact, all of the attention that has been given to this cart, I think, has actually lowered the value of the game. $10,800, come on, not even the rarest Atari 2600 game in the world will go for that much....not even half that (in terms of carts only).

I think Homer is trying to do one of two things, trying to get attention or trying to artificially inflate the value of the game. It's not going to happen. If anything, if you feel the game is worth as much as $10,000, just start the bidding at 99 cents.....you'll get the $10,000 for it anyway, right?????.....

I guess in the next round, the BIN will be $10,080 (just move the eight once to the right as he did between the first and second auction ($18,000 to $10,800)

I don't really appreciate my name being on that list either. What is the point of putting the other people that own it. I guess we should put out a list of all of the people that own, say, Pac Man. I am telling you, a hack like Atlantis II will not go for more than $1300 in my opinion. In fact, all of the attention that has been given to this cart, I think, has actually lowered the value of the game. $10,800, come on, not even the rarest Atari 2600 game in the world will go for that much....not even half that (in terms of carts only).

I think Homer is trying to do one of two things, trying to get attention or trying to artificially inflate the value of the game. It's not going to happen. If anything, if you feel the game is worth as much as $10,000, just start the bidding at 99 cents.....you'll get the $10,000 for it anyway, right?????.....

I guess in the next round, the BIN will be $10,080 (just move the eight once to the right as he did between the first and second auction ($18,000 to $10,800)

Wonder007,

he can't list it for 99c with no reserve now. Just think of the chourus of "I told you so"s ;) But you are right about its value and that he shouldn't list owner's names on Ebay without their prior permission.