IGNORED

WOW 18,000 for Atlantis II

thevnaguy

Looky looky, Atlantis II didn't even make the list. LOL

http://www.gamesniped.com/2007/11/08/world...ve-video-games/

but Air Raid did..... :) :) :) Interesting, but true, huh????? :)

You can't keep buying them to keep the price inflated forever Jose ;)

Two guys tried it with silver in the 70's

True, but I expect this one to stay high.....come on, all of them have been discovered in the states.... :) However, if it goes down, that's fine too........I just collect because I love Atari, I am not in this hobby to invest, I invest in other things to allow me to actively collect Atari 2600 stuff..... :)

Looky looky, Atlantis II didn't even make the list. LOL

http://www.gamesniped.com/2007/11/08/world...ve-video-games/

but Air Raid did..... :) :) :) Interesting, but true, huh????? :)

You can't keep buying them to keep the price inflated forever Jose ;)

Two guys tried it with silver in the 70's

True, but I expect this one to stay high.....come on, all of them have been discovered in the states.... :) However, if it goes down, that's fine too........I just collect because I love Atari, I am not in this hobby to invest, I invest in other things to allow me to actively collect Atari 2600 stuff..... :)

I am on the same boat as you are. :)

It would have to be in the top 10 Atari 2600 titles though. I would say the top 10 most valuable NTSC games would be:

Air Raid

Atlantis 2

Birthday Mania

Eli's Ladder

Gauntlet

Karate

Mangia

Pepsi Invaders

Space Chase Monogrammed

Video Life

Man, I need two of those...... Birthday Mania and Space Chase Monogrammed. To boot, I own protos to three of those games (Gauntlet, Mangia and Pepsi Invaders)...all NTSC.

It would have to be in the top 10 Atari 2600 titles though. I would say the top 10 most valuable NTSC games would be:

Air Raid

Atlantis 2

Birthday Mania

Eli's Ladder

Gauntlet

Karate

Mangia

Pepsi Invaders

Space Chase Monogrammed

Video Life

I agree for loose. Boxed I would say ad Music Machine :)

• 3 weeks later...
I don't really appreciate my name being on that list either. What is the point of putting the other people that own it. I guess we should put out a list of all of the people that own, say, Pac Man. I am telling you, a hack like Atlantis II will not go for more than $1300 in my opinion. In fact, all of the attention that has been given to this cart, I think, has actually lowered the value of the game. $10,800, come on, not even the rarest Atari 2600 game in the world will go for that much....not even half that (in terms of carts only).

I think Homer is trying to do one of two things, trying to get attention or trying to artificially inflate the value of the game. It's not going to happen. If anything, if you feel the game is worth as much as $10,000, just start the bidding at 99 cents.....you'll get the $10,000 for it anyway, right?????.....

I guess in the next round, the BIN will be $10,080 (just move the eight once to the right as he did between the first and second auction ($18,000 to $10,800)

...sigh... sorry to step into this thread so late and off-cue, but two things I'd like to clear up.

First, the person who listed the auction that made mine look tame under the moniker "meanguns" is the disturbed child of an original contest owner, as I had a conversation with both of them as a result of my auction. If meanguns is rational, it's the father - that simple.

Second, the list is incomplete, and I say that in full confidence. Like the elder meanguns, another AII owner stepped forward and identified themselves as an original contestant - with full docs - who is not listed here. I did not mention this as they requested, for two reasons: that it helps keep the value up when there are less known and they did not want to step into AA & face a gauntlet to prove they have what they have.

I consider my Pac-Man lab loaner much more "valuable" than the AII, neither of which I plan on selling at any point. Value is relative in the end, and the historical value of both of them is far greater to me than the financial value they have to anyone else. If not, I'd be simultaneously both shocked and rich.

I don't really appreciate my name being on that list either. What is the point of putting the other people that own it. I guess we should put out a list of all of the people that own, say, Pac Man. I am telling you, a hack like Atlantis II will not go for more than $1300 in my opinion. In fact, all of the attention that has been given to this cart, I think, has actually lowered the value of the game. $10,800, come on, not even the rarest Atari 2600 game in the world will go for that much....not even half that (in terms of carts only).

I think Homer is trying to do one of two things, trying to get attention or trying to artificially inflate the value of the game. It's not going to happen. If anything, if you feel the game is worth as much as $10,000, just start the bidding at 99 cents.....you'll get the $10,000 for it anyway, right?????.....

I guess in the next round, the BIN will be $10,080 (just move the eight once to the right as he did between the first and second auction ($18,000 to $10,800)

...sigh... sorry to step into this thread so late and off-cue, but two things I'd like to clear up.

First, the person who listed the auction that made mine look tame under the moniker "meanguns" is the disturbed child of an original contest owner, as I had a conversation with both of them as a result of my auction. If meanguns is rational, it's the father - that simple.

Second, the list is incomplete, and I say that in full confidence. Like the elder meanguns, another AII owner stepped forward and identified themselves as an original contestant - with full docs - who is not listed here. I did not mention this as they requested, for two reasons: that it helps keep the value up when there are less known and they did not want to step into AA & face a gauntlet to prove they have what they have.

I consider my Pac-Man lab loaner much more "valuable" than the AII, neither of which I plan on selling at any point. Value is relative in the end, and the historical value of both of them is far greater to me than the financial value they have to anyone else. If not, I'd be simultaneously both shocked and rich.

Hmm, strange because meanguns has always said that he was the contest owner on these boards. :ponder: Also, did you actually see the Docs or was this claimed to you. Also was this from some guy who messaged you on Ebay? I would take all Ebay messages with a grain of salt. Also, the reason's for this dude not going public seem extremely fishy. :ponder:

Edit: I did put this up with a question mark. Also are you sure this is not person #10 on the list?

Edited by homerwannabee

I actually had a dream last night where I got a lot of boxed Atari games, and mixed in was a boxed Atlantis II. Some gangsters found out and wanted it because they thought it was worth a lot of money, so they stole all my DS games and held them hostage. When I asked them why they didn't steal any of my other, more valuable, video games, they all shrugged. There was a femme fatale in that dream, too, she kept trying to get the key to the drop box where I had hidden Atlantis II.

Hmm, strange because meanguns has always said that he was the contest owner on these boards. :ponder: Also, did you actually see the Docs or was this claimed to you. Also was this from some guy who messaged you on Ebay? I would take all Ebay messages with a grain of salt. Also, the reason's for this dude not going public seem extremely fishy. :ponder:

Edit: I did put this up with a question mark. Also are you sure this is not person #10 on the list?

I think what he was getting at was Meanguns is both the father and son using the same account. When you get a polite response it is the Dad, a rude one it is the son. Just my guess on what he meant, not entirely sure though.

There will be others that pop up from time to time. Esp if videogames become a well known hobby to the public at large. Somewhere out there is an Atlantis II just sitting in the back of someones closet. The demand for this one is strong so it shouldn't matter that much. What did that last complete one sell for? 2k 3k I can't see it falling even if a few others pop up. If you take out the big rises and falls most of these rare games sell just a bit better each year, year after year even with new additions to the marketplace. Look at Video Life. All of those new copies were found at 1 time. The price didn't drop and its gone up or sold for the same price every time one has been resold.

I actually had a dream last night where I got a lot of boxed Atari games, and mixed in was a boxed Atlantis II. Some gangsters found out and wanted it because they thought it was worth a lot of money, so they stole all my DS games and held them hostage. When I asked them why they didn't steal any of my other, more valuable, video games, they all shrugged. There was a femme fatale in that dream, too, she kept trying to get the key to the drop box where I had hidden Atlantis II.

LOL...wacky. :!:

LOL...wacky. :!:

Silly Nintendo collectors wouldn't know an Atlantis II cart from an Atlantis I day scene.

There will be others that pop up from time to time. Esp if videogames become a well known hobby to the public at large. Somewhere out there is an Atlantis II just sitting in the back of someones closet. The demand for this one is strong so it shouldn't matter that much. What did that last complete one sell for? 2k 3k I can't see it falling even if a few others pop up. If you take out the big rises and falls most of these rare games sell just a bit better each year, year after year even with new additions to the marketplace. Look at Video Life. All of those new copies were found at 1 time. The price didn't drop and its gone up or sold for the same price every time one has been resold.

To answer the previous issues in limbo: Crazy Climber nails it re: meanguns, and photos were provided of his separate & distinct from everything I have found here, making the claim rather believable. I don't blame them for *not* stepping forward, given their reasons, and I doubt they'll be the last of their kind, much like I'll be the last of the lucky finders. I just wouldn't count on it happening but a few more times.

I would bet that, over time, the number of new high-end-capable collectors will outnumber the number of AII's "discovered."

To answer the previous issues in limbo: Crazy Climber nails it re: meanguns, and photos were provided of his separate & distinct from everything I have found here, making the claim rather believable. I don't blame them for *not* stepping forward, given their reasons, and I doubt they'll be the last of their kind, much like I'll be the last of the lucky finders. I just wouldn't count on it happening but a few more times.

I would bet that, over time, the number of new high-end-capable collectors will outnumber the number of AII's "discovered."

Thanks for the update. :)