IGNORED

Monster Trux Arenas(my short and to the point review)

bdog_147

Here we have one of a few budget games released for the wii recently.

Graphics:They look like early ps2 graphics. I don't mind that too much, although quite a few wii games look ps2 like. It's better then the preview screenshots of Crusin' at least....

Sound and Music:Well the trucks are loud and the music is nothing special. I only remember hearing a few songs that get looped over and over again. No custom soundtrack support.

Gameplay:Hold the wiimote like the nes controller and tilt to steer. Press 1 to brake/reverse and 2 to accelerate. Press A button for handbrake. Thrust remote forward for nitro. Different vehicles control a little diffrently and can take a bit to get used to. The protruck is a good example. The game has 3 challange cups with 4 tracks each. When you plow through those, well, that's it.

The back of the case claims "unlock hidden extras including bigger trucks,upgrades,extra courses and much more" and "numerous championships and single races". I must have gone blind as I don't see this. In the just under 2 and half hours I spent playing i am 70% complete according to my profile. Where are the unlockables? all the trucks are unlocked and I don't see any new tracks or cups to race in? What am I missing?

The game has a glitch where sometimes if you smash into a barrier you can go through it and fall into the graphics. The game will reset you back onto the track within a few seconds. This has only happened twice so far...

It's only a 20 dollar game and I did have fun playing this game, but I don't think this disc will be going back into the wii anytime soon. This is not an Exitetruck killer (god no, not even close) and while playing this game I did start to think about playing Exitetruck instead......

Rent it, or avoid it. That's my reccomendation....

NOTE:This is my first time trying to review a game.