IGNORED

world tour racing.

midnight8

I think WTR is probably the best racing game on the Jaguar, although that's not saying much. It's actually pretty good though, it's what Checkered Flag should have been. It's well worth picking up if you're into racing games.

I'd agree with that. Definitely the best the Jag has to offer in this area.

Pretty much any XBox era racing game is better but if you want to play on the Jag WTR is respectable.

Well, anything from the Xbox era would blow its doors off. :P I actually prefer Virtua Racing on the 32x, though they are both good games.

Is this game woth buying? I am into racing games but do not want to pay money for something that is no better than checkered flag which was one of the biggest dissapointments in my life.lol.

Here are a few videos I put together quite a few years ago with some WTR gameplay and CGI. Maybe this will help you make a decision. Just my own opinion... Being a huge F1 fan, this is my favorite Jag racing game and one of my Favorite Jag games.

JaguarGod's WTR Gameplay Video

JaguarGod's WTR Pole Position CGI Video

Edited by JaguarGod
  • Like 1

Is this game woth buying? I am into racing games but do not want to pay money for something that is no better than checkered flag which was one of the biggest dissapointments in my life.lol.

Here are a few videos I put together quite a few years ago with some WTR gameplay and CGI. Maybe this will help you make a decision. Just my own opinion... Being a huge F1 fan, this is my favorite Jag racing game and one of my Favorite Jag games.

JaguarGod's WTR Gameplay Video

JaguarGod's WTR Pole Position CGI Video

thanks for the video. That really helped put my mind at ease that it wouldn't be same as cf

so does anyone have an extra copy for sale or trade. I don't have hardly any dups but I would probably be willing to trade out of my collection if I have anything anyone wants which I may not. I'm sure most of your collections r bigger than mine. pm me if you have one you want to unload

So that is WTR? One of the few Jaguar games I never owned. Does not look bad at all.

It's not bad at all.

Would you mind if I uploaded these to youtube?

I am in the process of putting together a web project that all the videos will be uploaded to. They will end up there. If I don't feel the project is going anywhere and it is going to be a while, maybe I will upload them to youtube.

so does anyone have an extra copy for sale or trade. I don't have hardly any dups but I would probably be willing to trade out of my collection if I have anything anyone wants which I may not. I'm sure most of your collections r bigger than mine. pm me if you have one you want to unload

I have a new one on sale right now on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WORLD-TOUR-RACING-...VQQcmdZViewItem

TAT review including my lengthy comments. I thought it was an okay racer. Definitely better than Checkered Flag...

Wow! Ok, it seems there is still a game or two I need to pick up for the Jag. WTR looks awesome!

No kidding! It looks like as soon as I find my shiny new job I'm going to have to revive my Jaguar collection with a few more great looking titles like this!

Didnt goatari or whomever unload a bunch of these for like $15 recently? Too bad you missed out on that one - I picked up a new copy again for that price!

Indeed! It was from direct4games in the U.K. And yeah, that was a steal. I'm sure there are some people out there waiting to re-sell them for a pretty profit now :P

Didnt goatari or whomever unload a bunch of these for like $15 recently? Too bad you missed out on that one - I picked up a new copy again for that price!

Indeed! It was from direct4games in the U.K. And yeah, that was a steal. I'm sure there are some people out there waiting to re-sell them for a pretty profit now :P

I wish I had caught that sale. Its a game I have been wanting for a while but I find it hard to pay 60-80 for the game. I would have bought it for sure at those prices

TAT review including my lengthy comments. I thought it was an okay racer. Definitely better than Checkered Flag...

Wow! Ok, it seems there is still a game or two I need to pick up for the Jag. WTR looks awesome!

No kidding! It looks like as soon as I find my shiny new job I'm going to have to revive my Jaguar collection with a few more great looking titles like this!

It's too bad you guys hadn't seen this title before, you've missed out on a lot of years/hours of Jaguar racing goodness. It's on of the half dozen Jaguar CD titles that are killer apps for the Jaguar. It is awsome looking and playing, for a game developed in '94-95 with the terrible tools and support from Atari, and also Atari's nack for rushing products out too soon, and WTR was rushed. They actually had an entirely re-written 3D game engine that they never got a chance to implement becuase Atari wanted it done. Then of course Atari ended up dropping it and Telegames picking it up in the end anyway. But with all these things going against it, WTR finally got released and it's a very good game and a must own for any Jaguar owner who likes racing games. Lot's of customizable options, lots of tracks, good framerate most of the time and even acceptable in two-player split-screen mode. Also, something that video posted doesn't show is the texture mapped track, you have to enable it, but the roadway can be texturemapped. I think it was left as an easter-egg becuase the textures warp badly, but no worse than any PSX game I've ever seen. I definately recommend this game.

Hey vi, whenever you get time, we also don't seem to have any vids of WTR on youtube. :)