IGNORED

Bally War - First Look

riffraff

the "Magic RAM" chip is a bit more powerful since it's also able to rotate things while writing to the RAM (which it can't do on the

Actually...almost correct....

The Astrocade home hardware is the same exact chipset....it cant use rotate because rotate is only available in high-rez

mode. Yes....you can mod up the Astrocade for high rez mode also by finding 3 more banks of the same 4k by 4 bit rams

(or 8x4 or 16x four) and a flipflop. You piggy back three more sets of chips on top of the exsisting ones and bend up

a certain pin on each. I know this to be true as I was told this by none other than Bob Ogdon, one of the hardwares creators.

He said you can even use an unused flipflop already inside the astrocade to do this.

Trouble is the Astrocade OS is written for lo-rez and anygame you wrote

for the new mode would need all the built ins of the rom to be rewritten to deal with the doubled rez.

What I have here is a home Astrocade..the Gorf, WOW, Robby Roto, space Zap rack version and an

astrocade high rez version(yes it is a LARGE looking astrocade board) that they never did sell at home but instead used

int he Arcade machines, Sea Wolf II, Professor Pacman and Extra Bases games. I'll dig them out and take a pic or two

of the later two as there are plenty of spots to see a home Astrocade.

The Astrocade home hardware is the same exact chipset....it cant use rotate because rotate is only available in high-rez

mode. Yes....you can mod up the Astrocade for high rez mode also by finding 3 more banks of the same 4k by 4 bit rams

(or 8x4 or 16x four) and a flipflop. You piggy back three more sets of chips on top of the exsisting ones and bend up

a certain pin on each. I know this to be true as I was told this by none other than Bob Ogdon, one of the hardwares creators.

He said you can even use an unused flipflop already inside the astrocade to do this.

No way to do this through the expansion port?

No way to do this through the expansion port?

No and Bob explained to me something of the nature of the bus setup. I used to know this stuff verbatim but its

been a while. Signals necessary to allow this on the expansion dont exsist. I foget which though. It's something to

do with how the system multiplexes memory if I remember correctly. I'll take a peek and report.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
That would be one for Adam to answer but I am working on this for the Astrocade at the moment.

post-3357-1201602782_thumb.png

A tribute to an old O^2 fave of mine.

Great. Have you already a demo? :roll:

That's actually running now on the astrocade....it still has a ways to go.