IGNORED

Just got a Lynx! :)

Grundy

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I found the site while sniffing around for Lynx info. This looks to be the definitive site for everything Atari...VERY cool I might add. :) :)

Anyhow, I traded a couple GameBoy games and a DVD to a video game dealer near me and wound up with some in-store credit. As I was browsing the shelves, there it sat..a Lynx II in its box. A FLOOD of memories came rushing back and I had to have it! As it turns out, it was $20 and came loaded with Todd's Adventure in Slime World. :D

Just thought Id share my story. Im looking forward to meeting many cool people here and hopefully to many good swaps. Again, glad to be here and best regards.

Joe

Holy awesome! What a sweet find at a game dealer, with a great pack-in game as well. Enjoy, and welcome. And do continue to share your latest Lynx adventures. :)

Thanks! Yeah when I saw it sitting there I just about wept...ahhhh the memories! :)

One thing I have noticed thus far about this group here, VERY warm and friendly...not at ALL like another forum I belong to. (A BIG one..I wont mention the name out of tact, but I will say that the other site/forum is far bigger than this one, and that most people there seem to be quite negative..almost bitter...thats too bad as well, thats not an environment that makes one feel very welcomed. But anyhow..)

Thanks again Dogcorn.

:)

Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I found the site while sniffing around for Lynx info. This looks to be the definitive site for everything Atari...VERY cool I might add. :) :)

Anyhow, I traded a couple GameBoy games and a DVD to a video game dealer near me and wound up with some in-store credit. As I was browsing the shelves, there it sat..a Lynx II in its box. A FLOOD of memories came rushing back and I had to have it! As it turns out, it was $20 and came loaded with Todd's Adventure in Slime World. :D

Just thought Id share my story. Im looking forward to meeting many cool people here and hopefully to many good swaps. Again, glad to be here and best regards.

Joe

You found any other games for your LYNX yet? I have 12 Lynx games (i bought most of them in the mid 90s)

I am sure i can speak for the rest of everyone and say you MUST get California Games ASAP. Surfing and Bmx are very addicting. Also I personally recommend Ninja Gaiden, Road Blasters, Steel Talons, and Blue Lightning. and I also recommend you download an emulator so you can try games out on your PC before you buy them for the lynx. When you do buy, i would expect to pay around $10 for most games, but rare games like Lemmings are not going to be cheap.